Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Belt TQ Carrier: Phlster Flatpack or NAR?

Belt TQ Carrier: Phlster Flatpack or NAR?

I've carried my CAT TQ in my range bag in a NAR Pouch for the last two years.

I'd like to move it to on-body belt carry, along with a Z fold combat gauze and a H&H mini bandage in either cargo pocket.

I saw a guy carry a TQ in a Phlster flat pack on his belt in a class.

My question is, is a Phlster *that* much better than the NAR TQ Carrier? I don't seem to have much trouble carrying the TQ, it's just the NAR pouch is a bit bulky on my belt when I tried it just now.

Thanks for any advice here.

Rich

Reference Items:

Phlster Flatpack Tourniquet Carrier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HFRGCIE..._AOYmzbCF9AM4K

NAR C-A-T Tourniquet Pouch - BLACK https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D8GUKMQ..._WPYmzbXXG50C6

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the NAR.

That said if you are overtly carrying a TQ an eleventen pouch is pretty good for this. I've seen this numerous times with coworkers on duty. I prefer to carry a tq in an ankle kit and a vest carried kit.

I carry a flatpack sans leathery tabs off duty, EDC, in my pocket. Cargo pocket usually or back pocket as the flatpack is flexible.

How do you carry a tq? I found that one handed application is very difficult with just a rubber band over it. The flatpack with a pull tab and red tabs can be deployed pretty easily one handed.

Edit - just to add, you can run the shock cord long and attach the h&h to the flatpack. These are good as med packs to give out to family too.
    Last edited by voodoo_man; 06-03-2017 at 04:50 PM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

PHLster Flatpack.
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Anyone have experience with BFG's Micro Trauma Kit? It seems like a lot of kit to keep on your person, but I've been at ranges where groups have decided to leg it to another shooting station, rather than take their vehicles, and a dead-sprint back and forth would still take a few minutes.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Anyone have experience with BFG's Micro Trauma Kit? It seems like a lot of kit to keep on your person, but I've been at ranges where groups have decided to leg it to another shooting station, rather than take their vehicles, and a dead-sprint back and forth would still take a few minutes.
    Are you talking about on your person?
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Yep, it is ideally sized for a patrolmen's duty belt or a shooters weekend warrior battle belt. It is not suitable for concealment, even under suits.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Are you talking about on your person?
    Yeah. Anything more robust than that, I a) Would keep in a vehicle, and b) Not know how to use anyway.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Yeah. Anything more robust than that, I a) Would keep in a vehicle, and b) Not know how to use anyway.
    I would highly recommend an ankle kit.

I'm working on a review of the Ryker nylon afak, there is a newer version but that's the best method of EDC non-durable carry I've seen. I've used one extensively on duty.

As for the flatpack I endorse it, as it's an excellent piece of kit.
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I would highly recommend an ankle kit.

I'm working on a review of the Ryker nylon afak, there is a newer version but that's the best method of EDC non-durable carry I've seen. I've used one extensively on duty.

As for the flatpack I endorse it, as it's an excellent piece of kit.
    I use ITS's pocket BOK as EDC. The Micro Trauma Kit would be a range-only thing.

I use ITS's pocket BOK as EDC. The Micro Trauma Kit would be a range-only thing.
    Looks like just a sleeve/bag you put stuff into?

The AFAK is purpose built. But as I stated above for minimalistic EDC medical a flatpack can carry a tq and a pack of celox, which is basically all you need for yourself. Even throw a folded fox chest seal in there if you are inclined.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List