Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Belt TQ Carrier: Phlster Flatpack or NAR?

Much appreciate the informed comments above.

I hadn't thought to carry a chest seal as well. I fished mine out of my Extras store. I just checked and it's an easy fit into my cargo shorts front pockets.

I'll add this to my EDC (which currently is the CAT TQ (or SWAT-T), Celox, H&H and a set of gloves.)

My TCCC Casualty/GSW/AED/CPR training is from 2015, so I need to do a refresh on that soon. Hopefully this fall back in FL.

For EDC, I've found the CAT is way too bulky. I EDC a flat-packed SWAT-T in my front pocket every day. I would think the compactness would carry over into a belt-worn solution as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    For EDC, I've found the CAT is way too bulky. I EDC a flat-packed SWAT-T in my front pocket every day. I would think the compactness would carry over into a belt-worn solution as well.
    I carried and used the SWAT-T for a bit on duty to supplement my other stuff. It is small, but the issue with it is that it is not a self-care type of TQ.

By that I mean unless you have two hands you probably won't be able to apply it properly. I had a really hard time on a femoral bleed applying it because of the amount of blood and sweat present. It just did not work properly and I had to ditch it for a SOF-T wide. It does work well on animals and other people, especially in situations where you may require applying two TQ's at the same place, apply the SWAT-T first then a CAT or SOF-T over it.

The SOF-T is my go to and I have yet to find another TQ which comes close to its dependability and performance.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I carried and used the SWAT-T for a bit on duty to supplement my other stuff. It is small, but the issue with it is that it is not a self-care type of TQ.

By that I mean unless you have two hands you probably won't be able to apply it properly. I had a really hard time on a femoral bleed applying it because of the amount of blood and sweat present. It just did not work properly and I had to ditch it for a SOF-T wide. It does work well on animals and other people, especially in situations where you may require applying two TQ's at the same place, apply the SWAT-T first then a CAT or SOF-T over it.

The SOF-T is my go to and I have yet to find another TQ which comes close to its dependability and performance.
    Doh. I meant the SOF-T Wide. I literally always do this but I usually correct myself. My instructor did not advise using the SWAT-T as a TQ unless absolutely nothing else was available. I agree it would be impossible to apply to oneself. I carry a SOF-T Wide daily, and my comments above were in reference to that. It packs down considerably slimmer than the CAT for me, and I feel they are interchangeable in performance (I actually prefer the buckle on the SOF-T to the Velcro on the CAT as well).

It appears I can't edit my original post to fix the error. Oh well.
    Last edited by ScotchMan; 06-26-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    Doh. I meant the SOF-T Wide. I literally always do this but I usually correct myself. My instructor did not advise using the SWAT-T as a TQ unless absolutely nothing else was available. I agree it would be impossible to apply to oneself. I carry a SOF-T Wide daily, and my comments above were in reference to that. It packs down considerably slimmer than the CAT for me, and I feel they are interchangeable in performance (I actually prefer the buckle on the SOF-T to the Velcro on the CAT as well).

It appears I can't edit my original post to fix the error. Oh well.
    No worries, it prompted a post about the SWAT-T so if members here missed it the first time I posted about it maybe they will catch it this time around.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Just wanted to add this really informative article:

https://primaryandsecondary.com/phls...tpack-rundown/

User Tag List