Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Not blues, but I have been using mine since August and I can say the sheath is decent. Nothing great or earth-shattering, but solid for my needs. I am pretty sure that as soon as they go public, Tom at DSG will get one, and have a better sheath available not longer after that. I have not talked to him about it, but it is a good guess. I will snag one up right away, but until then, the standard sheath will do the job.
    That's the plan. In all likelihood all we'd be able to offer over the stock sheath is a mechanical fastening method that is likely overkill. My personal preference is for soft loops so we're gonna look at that as well.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    That's the plan. In all likelihood all we'd be able to offer over the stock sheath is a mechanical fastening method that is likely overkill. My personal preference is for soft loops so we're gonna look at that as well.
    Judging by the retention on your Izula sheath, Tom, I think you'd not only up the "mechanical fastening method" but provide more positive retention of the blade itself. (Not to say that the stock sheath is unworthy, not at all...just a different standard of function and capability from what I've come to know based upon my experience with your designs.)

Not blues, but I have been using mine since August and I can say the sheath is decent. Nothing great or earth-shattering, but solid for my needs. I am pretty sure that as soon as they go public, Tom at DSG will get one, and have a better sheath available not longer after that. I have not talked to him about it, but it is a good guess. I will snag one up right away, but until then, the standard sheath will do the job.
    @Cecil Burch...

Cecil, out of curiosity, how and where do you carry the push dagger? IWB or OWB? Horizontal, canted or vertical?

Just curious since there are various options and its not a mode of carry I've got a great deal of experience with (having been primarily reliant on neck knives like the Perrin "griffe" or pocket carry by and large over the years).

Thanks in advance my friend.
    Last edited by blues; 10-31-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    @Cecil Burch...

Cecil, out of curiosity, how and where do you carry the push dagger? IWB or OWB? Horizontal, canted or vertical?

Just curious since there are various options and its not a mode of carry I've got a great deal of experience with (having been primarily reliant on neck knives like the Perrin "griffe" or pocket carry by and large over the years).

Thanks in advance my friend.

I generally run it weak side IWB with a vertical orientation.

You lose a little draw functionality that way, but you get maximum concealment. Years ago I tried carrying a PD horizontally, and the draw was really nice, but I was never truly satisfied with the concealing it that way. And back around 2008 I had a guy make me kydex rig that was IWB but with more ride height and it was able to be canted with the handle to the rear. Again, draw was good, concealment was okay, but I had some concerns with the retention. So years of trying a bunch of stuff has led me to the current configuration.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

I generally run it weak side IWB with a vertical orientation.

You lose a little draw functionality that way, but you get maximum concealment. Years ago I tried carrying a PD horizontally, and the draw was really nice, but I was never truly satisfied with the concealing it that way. And back around 2008 I had a guy make me kydex rig that was IWB but with more ride height and it was able to be canted with the handle to the rear. Again, draw was good, concealment was okay, but I had some concerns with the retention. So years of trying a bunch of stuff has led me to the current configuration.
    Thanks, Cecil. Just what I was looking for. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just dedicate the push dagger for intruders and unwelcome visitors that show up on your doorstep.
    Yeah, but there's nothing quite like cranking the chainsaw to send the JW's scurrying off the porch.

I'm nothing remotely resembling a proficient knife fighter, but damn, I want one of these.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

I had no idea these were so close to release! I need to set aside some money to be ready.

Any updates for the general public? I'm itching to buy a pair of Christmas presents for those on the nice list.

Looking forward to getting one of these when they are available.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

They are being shipped to the fulfillment centers this week.

User Tag List