Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

I remember rumour of these, i'm way in; thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Right on. Dark Star Gear makes a mag pouch that will let you carry the mag IWB while wearing the PD or other fixed blade OWB. Some folks don't like it because the mag and the blade are occupying the same piece of real estate. However, I like it.
    Can you post a picture of this set up please?

Disregard... I saw your answer about it later.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 06-04-2017 at 12:48 AM. Reason: read more thread

Me? I'm going to get two and a trainer.

"A push-dagger in each hand and then you're fuckin' Wolverine. And no one wants any of that." - S'Narc.

I had a brief PM chat with Craig last night. I'm in.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

SouthNarc, can we expect a similar price point to the production Clinch Pick? Do you have a number for the size of this batch/how many available upon release? Finally, there was an Instagram video (I think) that showed a sheath for this with a velcro'd on clip for ride height adjustment -- is that what's going to be shipping with the knives?
    Last edited by ssb; 06-04-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    I don't have any at the moment. The mag pouch is or was a prototype so I don't know if I can post pics. Maybe @Dark Star Gear can post a link?

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Where's the Disciple?
    Ban Tang has his own, they're rather nice at any price but his are relatively low cost.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Moving on. I dig this push-dagger design, saw it at EWO back in Feb. Both the pre-production version and the Joe Watson custom version. Both feel great in the hand and don't suffer from the torquing in the hand that a lot of push-type knives do. The scales are a bit large and it will take up some real-estate on the belt line, but if you can conceal a handgun AIWB then this won't be a problem.

FYI, to the person who asked, my understanding is that YES the factory sheath clip will be velcro-attached and height adjustable. That's what Craig said their plan was back in Feb. I hope that is still true.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 06-04-2017 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Split post

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    FYI, to the person who asked, my understanding is that YES the factory sheath clip will be velcro-attached and height adjustable. That's what Craig said their plan was back in Feb. I hope that is still true.
    That'd be me. You mentioned your exposure to the PD was at EWO. I assume the sheath design held up well through that course?

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    That'd be me. You mentioned your exposure to the PD was at EWO. I assume the sheath design held up well through that course?
    Unfortunately, no one pressure tested it. So I can't say for sure. Craig had it with him as part of the various demonstrators. So I got a few minutes to play with it and feel the weight/shape test the grip a bit, but nothing like a full-on test. I'm going to try to get to ECQC later this year, if so I should have a trainer by then to pressure test a little bit during EVOs.

User Tag List