Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

Lots of guys use cold steel urban edge's which are like $25 everywhere. Usually behind a mag pouch.

Not a fan personally. Especially for concealed carry, a proper blade is perfectly suitable.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Right on. Dark Star Gear makes a mag pouch that will let you carry the mag IWB while wearing the PD or other fixed blade OWB. Some folks don't like it because the mag and the blade are occupying the same piece of real estate. However, I like it.
    Any links or pics? It's not that I'm out of real estate, just out of useful real estate.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Any links or pics? It's not that I'm out of real estate, just out of useful real estate.
    I don't have any at the moment. The mag pouch is or was a prototype so I don't know if I can post pics. Maybe @Dark Star Gear can post a link?
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Are these Chinese or US made? Thanks.

OK, Paul. Thanks.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I guess the usage would be similar to how one might deploy the Perrin "griffe".

Attachment 17124Attachment 17125
    Similar, but not exactly.

While I haven't gotten hold of one yet and my experience with punch daggers is limited, this would seem to work more with a straight punch, twist and rip down. The Griffe is probably more versatile though.

There's a video somewhere out there (Watson's instagram maybe?) where he very easily pushes through a tire with this punch dagger and I would think that the angle of the blade to the hand of the griffe might not make that action as easy to do.

As always, I could be wrong.

Definitely interested in this! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Are these Chinese or US made? Thanks.

Chinese.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    Chinese.
    Where's the Disciple?

Joe and I talked about this a couple of weeks ago, during a break at a shooting class.

I'm planning on picking one up with the drone, just to test and practice with. I'm also going to bring it to classes, and get ideas and feedback from my instructors.

Joe is a solid dude, and I hope he's doing good business at Blade in Atlanta this weekend.

User Tag List