Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

ShivWorks Products Group on IG says production El Niños hopefully later this year (I’ve heard that before...weather guys). So for folks who missed, save ‘dem pennies.

Looks like there are 3 of the prototypes in stock as of right now. I snagged one a few hours ago.

I got my El Niño prototype in the mail today and I have to say... they got it perfect.

I ordered one of the original push daggers when they came out and returned it because it was just too big to work well for me.

This is just enough smaller to conceal easily and still big enough to get a good grip. I actually think it feels better in my hand than the full size.

The new sheath is great too. I took it straight out of the box and clipped it to some athletic shorts and took the kid for a walk.

We just posted a few more El Ninos and trainers for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by shannongt3 View Post
    Great news!

If anyone is on the fence, I say get one. I've been carrying mine almost daily. It's effectively perfect for the two specific roles I wanted:

1) AIWB carry in athletic shorts/pants for dog walking with minimal gear.

2) Pocket carry with the sheath mounted on a pocket shield dropped into the side pocket of my vest of jacket.

I find the El Niño works better than a Clinch Pick in these two roles, by being shorter in overall length (easier to conceal) and offering a very secure grip for the draw stroke. I'm much preferring it to a folder clipped to the waistband or a vertical oriented CP.

Site Supporter

Shivworks push dagger

Quote Originally Posted by shannongt3 View Post
    I missed the earlier buy. I got my order in today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the El Nino single or double edged? In VA they specifically list a dagger ass being illegal. But their definition is double edged. If these are single edged, it sounds like they might be legal here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    Is the El Nino single or double edged? In VA they specifically list a dagger ass being illegal. But their definition is double edged. If these are single edged, it sounds like they might be legal here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Single. But I would still carefully review state law and related cases, because if they've got a clause about "deadly weapons" or some such, you're likely to get jammed up. Not sure how a CCW might affect this.

https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/virginia/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    Single. But I would still carefully review state law and related cases, because if they've got a clause about "deadly weapons" or some such, you're likely to get jammed up. Not sure how a CCW might affect this.

https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/virginia/
    Thank you. I was planning on doing a lot more research prior to purchasing, I just wanted to make sure it was single. If it was double, I wasn't going to bother since I know that would be illegal. I appreciate your concern, and unfortunately, the CHP won't help with that in VA.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefrq View Post
    Thank you. I was planning on doing a lot more research prior to purchasing, I just wanted to make sure it was single. If it was double, I wasn't going to bother since I know that would be illegal. I appreciate your concern, and unfortunately, the CHP won't help with that in VA.
    Depending on your needs, the Clinch Pick or another more traditional fixed blade may work better for you?

The El Niño is great and I love mine, but it is a very specific role knife for me (gym shorts/lounge wear). Once I put on a pair of pants with belt loops, I go straight to a Clinch Pick.

User Tag List