Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I need to work up a teaser...
    /instigating intensifies
    Jules
    Runcible Works

So Runcible and I are working on a product for the PD that overlaps our needs damn near by 90%.
    One of the issues we've both seen with our PD sheaths is the ability to easily account for the manufacturing variances while allowing for a good master grip, adequate retention, and practical concealment and attachments.

The stock PD leave very little room for adjustment unlike the Clinch Pick. What we've been able to do is get to a point where we can get the required adjustment and clearance with the range of current and future PD's.

Timeline is open still, it's still a work in progress, but it's on the front burner.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

So Runcible and I are working on a product for the PD that overlaps our needs damn near by 90%.
    One of the issues we've both seen with our PD sheaths is the ability to easily account for the manufacturing variances while allowing for a good master grip, adequate retention, and practical concealment and attachments.

The stock PD leave very little room for adjustment unlike the Clinch Pick. What we've been able to do is get to a point where we can get the required adjustment and clearance with the range of current and future PD's.

Timeline is open still, it's still a work in progress, but it's on the front burner.
    Looking forward to seeing what you're working on.

Since I hit yours with the heat gun that day we spoke, it's been great. Excellent retention but releases with a nice tug. (Definitely want to give some care while re-sheathing, though.) I also switched it back to being drawn by the support hand to increase my options.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Yeah, this is to avoid that. Actually have a customer, perhaps a poster here, with the same issue. Or the knives changed in production just enough to invalidate the current molds. Gotta find out when the last batch came in.

All of which is easily handled with the design we're working on.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Yeah, this is to avoid that. Actually have a customer, perhaps a poster here, with the same issue. Or the knives changed in production just enough to invalidate the current molds. Gotta find out when the last batch came in.

All of which is easily handled with the design we're working on.
    I don't remember exactly when Craig sent it to me, Tom, but I had it for some months before I ordered your sheath. So, I'd bet there is some variation in the tolerances even going back some time.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Nice setup at a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Nice setup at a very reasonable price.
    Whew! Snagged the last one. It's gonna be a present to one of the minions at work. The lad is showing the proper attitude towards weaponry, and that needs to be encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Whew! Snagged the last one. It's gonna be a present to one of the minions at work. The lad is showing the proper attitude towards weaponry, and that needs to be encouraged.
    Nice! I almost hesitated, but ended up pulling the trigger, getting the 3rd one left.

Wish I could’ve. I’ll have to wait on production models.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

User Tag List