Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    He posted a picture in a comment thread on FB:

https://www.facebook.com/DarkStarGea...078501/?type=3

Perfect - thanks! I was having a devil of a time trying to figure out how to "@" his screen name. Lol!

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Links to the live and trainer sheaths. They're a standard vertical clip-on with the same 1.75" clip. Works well with nearly all clothing. Wear the clip on the pants and under the belt to keep things tighter.

Live blade
    Trainer blade

They won't ship until after SHOT Show.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Received my push dagger and trainer today. The knife feels awesome in the hand. I look forward to training with it. The sheath definitely needs some work. As it stands, I'm not able to get a good grip on it without the sheath and my knuckles coming in contact with each other. The Kydex used is .93 and is very thick. I think it can be sculpted differently but I may just opt for one from DSG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

The version I received from SouthNarc, (thanks again, Craig), didn't come with a PTD loop, it came with the spring clip that Tom will use on his sheathes but with 3M Dual Lock to secure it. I have the same issue as far as clearing knuckles and will have to trim some of the material to allow more space for easier access.

How do you like horizontal deployment vs. setting it up for vertical access?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The version I received from SouthNarc, (thanks again, Craig), didn't come with a PTD loop, it came with the spring clip that Tom will use on his sheathes but with 3M Dual Lock to secure it. I have the same issue as far as clearing knuckles and will have to trim some of the material to allow more space for easier access.

How do you like horizontal deployment vs. setting it up for vertical access?
    I will work with when I get home tonight and give you a better idea. I personally think vertical access AIWB is going to be my preference .

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I will work with when I get home tonight and give you a better idea. I personally think vertical access AIWB is going to be my preference .
    Here's how mine is mounted at the moment:

Name:  push dagger mount 2.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  33.7 KB

Name:  push dagger mount.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  46.3 KB
    Last edited by blues; 01-22-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Here's how mine is mounted at the moment:

Name:  push dagger mount 2.jpg
Views: 1085
Size:  33.7 KB

Name:  push dagger mount.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  46.3 KB
    Looks good, I'm thinking about it being slightly angled. Will be working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    Looks good, I'm thinking about it being slightly angled. Will be working on it.
    That's one thing that can be accomplished with the Dual Lock secured spring clip or PTD loop fairly easily. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. I may have a loop somewhere that I can replace the spring with if it proves superior.

The Chinese just CANNOT get kydex right and with the language barrier over email and the phone we've kinda' conceded. The DSG is leaps and bounds ahead of the stock model.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthNarc View Post
    The Chinese just CANNOT get kydex right and with the language barrier over email and the phone we've kinda' conceded. The DSG is leaps and bounds ahead of the stock model.
    Well, just be glad you didn't name the knife "The Claw"

User Tag List