Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

Site Supporter

Shivworks push dagger

One other point: when deciding if a push dagger is legal in your state, you not only need to consider the specific banned knife characteristics, but also the impact of any “catch-all” clause in the statute. This might read something like any implement designed to cause serious injury or death and serves no common lawful purpose.

There has been at least 1 conviction in Pennsylvania for carrying a folding knife with a blade that could lock parallel or perpendicular to the handle, so fixed v. folding may not be a strong legal position.

Southnarc made a good decision in making these single edged, but in many states that might not get us much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 01-24-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I added a Bladerigs metal clip to the stock sheath and fixed the retention issue. Much better now!
    Still awaiting the DSG sheath ( I realize they won’t ship until after SHOT), always good to have options...

Would love to get one of these, but they appear to be illegal to carry concealed (clipped to my belt under a shirt) due to the "like kind" wording in VA knife laws.
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

CWM11B
    Got my combo pack today, I really like it. It is illegal to CC in NC, but not OC from my reading of the statute. Active LE should be good to go. I'll figure out how to make it work. Even if I can't, I'm happy to support Craig for old times sake!

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    Got my combo pack today, I really like it. It is illegal to CC in NC, but not OC from my reading of the statute. Active LE should be good to go. I'll figure out how to make it work. Even if I can't, I'm happy to support Craig for old times sake!
    Thanks for posting that up. My reading of the relevant statutes made it sound a no-go though I "doubt" that the locals would make much of an issue under most circumstances. Then again, I've been around the block a time or two and know just how much such assumptions are worth. Glad to have your take on it.

CYA.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I tried really hard to talk myself out of buying one, but I caved today. I'm excited to try it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So who is actually carrying one of these and how are you doing so?
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

I carry mine in a horizontal Dark Star sheath at 11:00 for a right hand draw.

I carry mine at 5 o'clock on the right hip, on my belt above a back wallet pocket.

It's very easy to draw in response to a "Gimme yer money!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I carry mine at 5 o'clock on the right hip, on my belt above a back wallet pocket.

It's very easy to draw in response to a "Gimme yer money!"
    "Your money or your life knife!"
    Last edited by blues; 07-18-2018 at 08:06 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List