Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

CWM11B
    Trainer/live combo ordered. Bad ass looking blade. I carried an original CS urban skinner on my vest for years. Look forward to getting this set. Definitely going to find a way to train with you Southnarc, be like old times, plus a long time coming catch up.

Is it a true dagger with a second edge? My state disallows daggers.

Honestly I cannot figure out whether a concealed single edge push knife is legal in Washington, I'd appreciate help if anyone knows. Yes I've read the RCW.

Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    Is it a true dagger with a second edge? My state disallows daggers.

Honestly I cannot figure out whether a concealed single edge push knife is legal in Washington, I'd appreciate help if anyone knows. Yes I've read the RCW.
    No. It is a single edge.

I can't tell you whether this link is up to date or accurate but it may be a start...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    No. It is a single edge.

I can't tell you whether this link is up to date or accurate but it may be a start...
    Read that. The hard part here is there's an ambiguous "dangerous weapons" verbiage in the RCW. I'm almost certain it prohibits concealed carry of a sap. I just don't know if a push knife fits in there.

Read that. The hard part here is there's an ambiguous "dangerous weapons" verbiage in the RCW. I'm almost certain it prohibits concealed carry of a sap. I just don't know if a push knife fits in there.
    The laws are (in my view) intentionally left vague so that it allows interpretation by the state to determine whether to pursue prosecution. The problem lies in failure to define various terms so where one officer might arrest, another would send you on your way for a mere technical violation where no intent of violence was present. It's a crap shoot at best.

Here in NC, I have my doubts about the legality of carry of the push dagger (even though I don't consider it a dagger, per se). That said, in my county I doubt that most of the deputies would make an issue of it absent some contributing cause.

For anyone else interested in trying to make some sense of their own state's laws, KnifeUp may help with your research.
    Last edited by blues; 01-23-2018 at 02:58 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Read that. The hard part here is there's an ambiguous "dangerous weapons" verbiage in the Revised Code of Washington. I'm almost certain it prohibits concealed carry of a sap. I just don't know if a push knife fits in there.
    Clarification for those not in the Evergreen State.

Edit to add: I believe concealed carry of a "dagger" is still prohibited. I think knife laws illustrate the absurdity of the way laws are written even better than gun control laws: What is a "dirk"? or a "dagger", for that mater? Is an assisted opening knife that same as a switchblade?

As for saps, last time I looked, which may have been a couple of revisions ago, there was specific language regarding "slung shot", which is actually a reference to saps and blackjacks, or for that matter a bar of soap in a sock, not a forked stick and a rubber band.
    Last edited by Drang; 01-23-2018 at 03:34 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Clinch pick and push knife are all for naught. A little more poking around shows Seattle's "dangerous weapons" includes all fixed blades.

Somebody needs to make a folding push knife

Received mine today. Nice!! And, while I have a DSG sheath on order, the sheaths that came with my set are actually more than adequate. No knuckle knocking on mine and excellent retention and deployment.

Received mine today as well. Very happy with the knife, have DSG sheath on order.
    My sheath doesn’t hit my knuckles, but has very little retention (easily fixed with a heat gun).
    Really great design!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The laws are (in my view) intentionally left vague so that it allows interpretation by the state to determine whether to pursue prosecution. The problem lies in failure to define various terms so where one officer might arrest, another would send you on your way for a mere technical violation where no intent of violence was present. It's a crap shoot at best.

Here in NC, I have my doubts about the legality of carry of the push dagger (even though I don't consider it a dagger, per se). That said, in my county I doubt that most of the deputies would make an issue of it absent some contributing cause.

For anyone else interested in trying to make some sense of their own state's laws, KnifeUp may help with your research.
    I just checked that site for Pennsylvania, and as an attorney admitted to practice in PA, I disagree with that site’s conclusions re: double edge knives being illegal. However, that misunderstanding is sufficiently widespread that a double edge knife is something I would avoid carrying in PA.

It is often vary, very difficult to tell what is and is not allowed in a given state. I often can’t reach a definite yes or no conclusion on some knives in some states after hours of reading cases from that state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List