Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Shivworks push dagger

Mine tucks reasonably well under a t-shirt without showing. Placement is everything here.

I'm hoping to get one of Tom's (Dark Star Gear) soonish. But he's playing hard to get with me. (Just kiddin'.)

I really like the way it fits my hand, the OEM sheath is the biggest negative for me because of fitment / placement...and even so it still works pretty darn well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Big fan of the Shivworks push dagger. The Dark Star Gear sheath is highly recommended.
    That fickle fella that runs DSG finally deigned to take my order earlier today.

Looking forward to the upgrade.

Well, my sheath for the PD came in today from Tom, @orionz06, at DSG and it doesn't disappoint.

I had to change the hardware over for gripping with strong hand, and hit it a couple times with the heat gun to get it just right for my PD, but five minutes later it was good to go.

Hides well under a t-shirt, riding at about 11...with a J frame at about 1.30

Releases slicker than cat poop but snaps back in with authority. Get one.

Name:  DSG Push Dagger.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  49.7 KB
    Last edited by blues; 10-02-2019 at 06:18 PM.

I am curious how many of you that carry the Shivworks PD have it set up for support side draw vs. strong side draw. Clearly there is a rationale for both methods.

Since I have mine (currently) set up for strong side draw, I was testing support side draw from that position. While not ideal, it works well enough in a pinch though the grip is not as strong as in the standard orientation.

Still, I find that I can retrieve with my left hand, and get a decent grip with the PD secured between the ring and middle fingers. Allows it to be used to good effect for jabs and thrusts (but with less overall power / stability than standard grip would afford).

Anyone care to share their thoughts and experience?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I am curious how many of you that carry the Shivworks PD have it set up for support side draw vs. strong side draw. Clearly there is a rationale for both methods.

Since I have mine (currently) set up for strong side draw, I was testing support side draw from that position. While not ideal, it works well enough in a pinch though the grip is not as strong as in the standard orientation.

Still, I find that I can retrieve with my left hand, and get a decent grip with the PD secured between the ring and middle fingers. Allows it to be used to good effect for jabs and thrusts (but with less overall power / stability than standard grip would afford).

Anyone care to share their thoughts and experience?
    I can't carry one here (ianal but my read of Va law makes the push dagger a no-no as far as I'm concerned), but I have experimented a little with it and if I were to carry one it would be weak side AIWB (around 10 o'clock) to. 1) my gun is strong side AIWB, so there's no room and this sort of knife, for me, would be used when things have already gotten to "hands on" and AIWB works best for that sort of scenario, as far as I'm concerned. 2) The basic simplicity of use of that design makes it work very easily for my less skilled weak hand; I could get more out of it strong hand but see 1). 3) I can, though not very smoothly, get it in my strong hand in some sort of strange reverse grip (blade sticking out between the ring and little finger) and get some jabs and stabs in, so it's somewhat ambidextrous from that position.

All that said, I haven't really worked with it in a good long time so ... I may change my mind on the matter
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

My family gets me. A combo pack was wrapped and waiting for me under the tree. The live blade presently rides support side, just left of my buckle, static corded on a repurposed spare Surefire landyard.

Merry Christmas!

Tardy crossposting...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Jules
    Runcible Works

#RESIST

(That’s the stock sheath, PHLster Tuckstrut, and RCS wedge; as described previously. I just neglected to post the pictures way back when. Everything is stock or off the shelf.)
    Jules
    Runcible Works

I need to work up a teaser...
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List