Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300 Blackout,Again

300 Blackout,Again

I'm considering an AR(Daniel Defense) in 300 Blackout but don't know if with the constraints that we have in NJ(no SBR or suppressors)is it going to do anything that an AR with 77 gr. 5.56 won't do as well or better,any suggestions please?Moving out of Jersey is another topic.Thanks for any help.

.300blk supers hit hard. Do you reload?
    #RESIST

No,but I could.

Site Supporter
    300 BLK will cost more to shoot if you buy loaded ammunition. The Blackout has slightly less noise and flash than 5.56, though still loud when not suppressed. As far as its capabilities, it's like a 7.62x39 or a .30-30 only it can be used in an AR. Plus it gives you the ability to shoot subsonics if that matters to you.

If you do ever get into a situation where you can use a suppressor, the 300 BLK suppresses nicely.

Thank you both for your replys.If it matters,I'm not that interested in long range performance,I'm looking at the 200 yards being the extreme of what I would shoot.I am interested in the terminal performance as an anti-personal round and also using it for hunting(larger whitetail and possible boar)as well as black bear defense.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RONK View Post
    Thank you both for your replys.If it matters,I'm not that interested in long range performance,I'm looking at the 200 yards being the extreme of what I would shoot.I am interested in the terminal performance as an anti-personal round and also using it for hunting(larger whitetail and possible boar)as well as black bear defense.
    The big attraction to 16" 300 BO is legal to hunt big game with in states which do not allow big game hunting with .22 centerfires. A 16" 300 BO with supers should be fine on deer and black bear out to 200.

If I may, I suggest sticking to supersonic loads if you will be using it for hunting. Some slower, subsonic, loads have tended to underperform in this role.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My Sig MCX 9" SBR launches a 110 grain Barnes Tac-TX at 2113 +/- 14 FPS and out performs just about every 5.56 mm load even when launched out of at 16" barrel.

Name:  IMG_2657.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  37.4 KB
    Last edited by Sensei; 06-03-2017 at 07:58 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

The 300blk shines brightest in suppressed SBR's, and not necessarily the same way in one or the other. The biggest draw is MV and energy retention in SBR's vs equal length 5.56 guns. Remove SBR from the equation, and I fail to see the draw here. Lot's of hogs and people killed with 5.56, and <200 yards is right in the calibers wheelhouse.

This dude is local to me, and he slays monsters nightly with .223 Barnes bullets...

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....SX-Performance

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_9/66...al.html&page=1

300 Blackout,Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    My Sig MCX 9" SBR launches a 110 grain Barnes Tac-TX at 2113 +/- 14 FPS and out performs just about every 5.56 mm load even when launched out of at 16" barrel.

Name:  IMG_2657.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  37.4 KB
    When I do a .300, the MCX is getting a serious look. Have you used the GMX at all?
    http://www.hornadyle.com/products/ri...110-gr-gmx-tap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sigfan26; 06-03-2017 at 10:04 PM.

User Tag List