Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fugly

I've never owned one, but I'm not sure that the light position is a big problem. I've shot a lot of 38 "thumbs forward" without incident. I am careful not to with e.g. ruger only 45 colts though.

You could probably use a Surefire tape switch to activate the light and avoid gas burns. You'd have to route the wire down the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Dude! How and in what way is an F-86 Ugly?

Attachment 17121
    Only one of the coolest combat aircraft ever!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Only one of the coolest combat aircraft ever!
    Agreed. Now the F-94, on the other hand......

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Back when I still used revolvers I owned a TRR8, which is similar to the model pictured. I had to replace the rear sight blade because even adjusted all the way up it shot way too low for me. But once I got the sights dialed in it was a great shooting revolver. Easy to hit with, and had a really nice trigger out of the box. I mean really nice trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Back when I still used revolvers I owned a TRR8, which is similar to the model pictured. I had to replace the rear sight blade because even adjusted all the way up it shot way too low for me. But once I got the sights dialed in it was a great shooting revolver. Easy to hit with, and had a really nice trigger out of the box. I mean really nice trigger.
    I have a TRR8 and will second that. I never had the sight problem with mine, but it is very accurate and has a great trigger.

Here's a Modern Service Weapon's article on the R8 that covers some of the points already made

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=16675

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Here's a Modern Service Weapon's article on the R8 that covers some of the points already made

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=16675
    My biggest concern = how do you run the TLR-1 without getting a fresh gunpowder tattoo on your weakside thumb courtesy of the cylinder gap?

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Kevlar tactical gloves, duh.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I've always liked this barrel profile but wished they'd matched it better to the contours of the frame. As far as ugliest old jet, I'd pick the F-84 or Mig15 FTW.

User Tag List