Regarding which holster, just go with the ALS/SLS option that fits your gun. Use the factory hanger on it. It will be a good compromise, as the low is too low, and the high makes you a kimura-magnet (it's pretty high up there). Then again, I wear my belt right at my belly button, and don't sag like 80% of the guys my age at work do.

As far as handcuffs go: big big believer in hinged cuffs. I keep a set of ASP hinged in the front of my belt, right around where I AIWB off duty. I keep a set of chained ASP Ultra (full metal) 3 inches behind my pistol as a back-up. I also hang the single issued nickel chained S&W's from my spotlight, and the blued S&W I received as a graduation-from-the-academy gift. I have been in a couple jams where I needed to use every set of cuffs I have, plus the two on my beat partner's belt. It's nifty to have several sets at hand when you arrest the car full of druggies, if you are into that sort of thing.

I am a huge fan of ASP cuffs. They come at a premium, but they are less likely to disappear than the S&W, Hiatt, or Peerless options, especially the Ultra cuffs, as they are pretty new. They are allegedly coming out with hinged Ultra cuffs, which I will purchase. I have several friends that love their S&W hinged, and I wouldn't feel bad about using them, I just like the way the ASP's absolutely fly on.

If you don't want your cuffs shimmed/picked, double lock and use hinged.