Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The LWRCI Direct Impingement rifle

The LWRCI Direct Impingement rifle

I'm a sucker for ambi lowers, supposedly they build good rifles. Thoughts?

https://www.lwrci.com/p-839-lwrci-di.aspx
    #RESIST

I shot the MLOK version last week suppressed. Heavier than what I'm used to and felt "overbuilt" but it was a lot of fun. I was impressed.

ETA: There were some "extras" on that rifle which probably accounted for much of the weight.

ETA 2: I know dick about ARs.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 06-06-2017 at 07:06 AM.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

I bought one last month, haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I'm impressed with the rifle though just need to make time to shoot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly,

Proprietary BCG.

Proprietary hand guard (not M-Lok) so how hard is it going to be to find mounting accessories?

Personally, I'd rather buy a Colt 6960 CCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Honestly,

Proprietary BCG.

Proprietary hand guard (not M-Lok) so how hard is it going to be to find mounting accessories?

Excellent points. I got out of the hand guard race a long time ago, but how proprietary is the BCG? Not backwards compatible?
    #RESIST

Honestly,

Proprietary BCG.

They do have an MLOK model now. FWIW, that gun ran a lot cleaner suppressed than any gas guns I've tried. If you're not into cans, it probably isn't as attractive.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Excellent points. I got out of the hand guard race a long time ago, but how proprietary is the BCG? Not backwards compatible?
    I don't know. But personally, I'd rather not have to deal with proprietary bolts or BCG's, if in fact it is.

I don't know. But personally, I'd rather not have to deal with proprietary bolts or BCG's, if in fact it is.
    I'm wondering if you can use a standard bolt, ala the KAC rifles.
    #RESIST

It looks like the BCG is proprietary because they use a single piece BCG, where the gas key is integrated into the rest of the carrier; pretty sure you can drop in a regular BCG if you wanted to.

The M-LOK handguard is 250 USD from LWRC. There's also a new SKU out that already comes with the M-LOK.

The DI I handled at my LGS, I didn't care for; not a fan of the stock (easy fix), nor how chunky the handguard is (no possible fix).

That being said... there are many places where the LWRC DI gun is being priced for around 1000 USD (the old, non-M-LOK version), including some sub-1000 USD. That's pretty damn attractive for a true full-ambi gun by a quality manufacturer. An LMT MARS lower by itself, if you can find one, is around 800 USD.

You can build your own if you want using an ADM UIC stripped lower (blems go for 225 USD), though I doubt you'll be able to beat the ~1000 USD price point, particularly if you want the quality that LWRC appears to offer, but for me, how chunky the handguard is kills the DI for me.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 06-06-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Mike's LWRC DI shot really well in this configuration at 500 Meters on the steel rams with the Burris XTR II 1-8x24 FFP

CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List