Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update on Deputy involved shooting: trial and photos

Update on Deputy involved shooting: trial and photos

The initial post about the shooting can be found here. I am creating a new thread so that this information doesn't get lost in a year old thread.

The trial concluded today. The suspect was found guilty on two counts of aggravated assault on peace officers and a count of batter (family violence). He was acquitted on several other charges pertaining to the family violence incident. I think the jury made a sound decision, and I am please with the ADA's handling of the case.

Here is the video of the actual shooting:

Corporal Thrower was shooting a Glock 34 loaded with Hornady Critical Duty 135 gr +P. The red tip fell out after the round was removed. 8.8 grams is 135 grains.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Well done Chief. Glad your guy got a good result in court.

What was the full extent of the defendant's injury from the bullet that resulted in his incapacitation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    Well done Chief. Glad your guy got a good result in court.

What was the full extent of the defendant's injury from the bullet that resulted in his incapacitation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think the stop was purely psychological. The path of the bullet didn't actually hit anything major.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

To be clear of what I'm looking at in the first photos, the bump is the bullet inside the defendant, stopped by the skin where an exit wound would be?

You did an exemplary job in handling the matter from the perspective of supporting your people. But, you already knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    You did an exemplary job in handling the matter from the perspective of supporting your people. But, you already knew that.
    Even more important, his people know that.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    To be clear of what I'm looking at in the first photos, the bump is the bullet inside the defendant, stopped by the skin where an exit wound would be?

Yes, that is the bullet poking out under the skin.

Thank you for the kind words.

Glad to hear that the jury did their job. Hope you deputy is doing better now that the trail is over.

Very glad to hear the trial is over and the end result is a just one. Y'all stay safe, and I look forward to a chance to shoot with you guys again soon!
    Jeff Martin
    Instagram

Great news. To echo what Martin_j001 said, stay safe. I'm excited to get back out there with you guys for Gabe's class again this up coming year. You've got a great crew out there.

Always glad to hear good news for the good guys. Thank you for sharing the update.

User Tag List