Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New U.S. Army Pistol Manual TC 3-23.35

Thanks for sharing the link, H. Downloaded for reading on my Kindle.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That's an extremely well done manual. Anyone else notice the irony that it was published AFTER the Army announced it's dumping the M9 for the XM17?
    The joys of Army Acquisition and Tech Editing. Chances are rhis TC has been in the works for more than a year.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    That's an extremely well done manual. Anyone else notice the irony that it was published AFTER the Army announced it's dumping the M9 for the XM17?
    Not a big deal in the digital age, where it's mostly distributed in PDF rather than on dead trees. Plus, it's not like all the M9s will disappear from the inventory overnight.

You'll note that several chapters really aren't particularly equipment-specific, so it should be a reasonably simple update for the M17.

As a side note, I'm really happy to see the way this manual came out. Several months ago, I reviewed a draft and provided comments, some of which appear to have had an impact. I'm hesitant to give myself too much credit, since other competent folks likely made very similar suggestions, but I may have had a small role in channeling some PF collective wisdom into that manual. Apparently, I didn't sell them on "thumb on hammer when reholstering'" or "decock when coming off target," though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by alohadoug View Post
    The joys of Army Acquisition and Tech Editing. Chances are rhis TC has been in the works for more than a year.
    Longer than that.

As Dave J said, the lack of M9 specificity in most sections is intentional.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-04-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Just in case any other filthy furriner reads this, the only way I could get that to open was to visit the URL through a U.S. based proxy.

User Tag List