Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Performance Challenge

Sorry if this is a dumb question - are the results for the 2012 Performance Challenge supposed to be posted in this thread, or a training journal (I'm about to start one)?

We are diminished
    Either/or. I'll probably post in both. Some folks might participate in the Challenge but not have a journal.

I'm in. I'll get my January shoot in next week (hopefully).

I shot the FAST for the first time ever last week, but I dont have the results from then. I shot the first set of scores for the performance challenge tonight. I had not shot since 1-8-12. The 300 were my first rounds. I do not have a 25yd indoor range so the 300 was shot at 50ft. All shot with a G17rtf2 from my cop belt with Safariland 6360.

300=277
    2h=95
    SHO=92
    WHO=90
    300 #2=231
    2h=91
    SHO=87
    WHO=53

I had some concentration issues on the second go around and thew a few mikes off the repair center WHO.

FAST
    first and third runs the gun failed to lock to the rear, I need to clean the mags as the followers seem a little slow.
    2.07/.74/3.39/.29/.27/.27/ total 7.03 clean
    1.96/.84/2.5/.28/.30/.27/total 6.15 clean
    2.02/.71/3.29/.30/.29/.28/total 6.89 clean

I was waiting for far to fine a sight picture on the head shots as all my rounds were in the PT logo of the FAST target.

I will shoot the second stage next week.

We are diminished
    My January final results:
    • 300 average: 274
    • F.A.S.T. average: 4.96

My final:
    300 AVG=257 (@50ft)
    FAST AVG= 6.27 (Safariland 6360)

I shot round 1 for January this morning, and as expected I choked down a big piece of humble pie. This was the first time I have ever shot either of the prescribed drills. I made a last minute change on my weapon of choice, and went with my Glock 35 over my 34. I've got more rounds through the 35 than all of my other pistols combined, and just a few weeks ago I put the Ameriglo Pro-Idots on it. (As money allows I plan to outfit all four of my carry/ comp guns with these sights, so it just makes sense to do the performance challenge with them.)

With all of that out of the way, here's my round 1 results:

FAST #1: 7.64 Clean
    FAST #2: 6.58 Clean

FAST average so far: 7.11

300 #1: 84, 65, 43= 192
    300 #2: 61, 71, 51= 183

300 average so far: 187

The FAST head shots seem to be the first place to make up ground. I was shooting from GOOD concealment and my fleece got in the way of my reloads just a bit, but the head shots and my press out are going to me my immediate focus.

I expected the 300 to be rough and I wasn't disappointed. I practice WHO shooting a good bit, but only from 10 and in. I'd like to blame some of my poor performance on getting used to the new sights, but strangely when I focused on the front sight and put it where I wanted to bullets to go they went there. Plain and simple I need to work on my 25 yard shooting in every format.

After I did the prescribed drills, I worked on my press out a bit. I drew and fired one round on 8" steel plates for 40 rounds. My best time was 1.11, which I was very pleased with.

Here are my FAST targets...

As always, thanks to all of you here at P-F for motivating people like me to get off my butt and practice my shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by JB326 View Post
    I've got more rounds through the 35 than all of my other pistols combined, and just a few weeks ago I put the Ameriglo Pro-Idots on it.
    I know that isn't what you wrote, but on first reading I could have sworn you wrote "Pro-Idiots" --- and I thought Oh My God, I NEED those! Sights made just for me!

Quote Originally Posted by jthhapkido View Post
    I know that isn't what you wrote, but on first reading I could have sworn you wrote "Pro-Idiots" --- and I thought Oh My God, I NEED those! Sights made just for me!
    I definitely felt like a Pro-Idiot after shooting the 25 yard stuff.

Using a G19 w/RMR02 AIWB from a Fricke Seraphim, my January results are:

300 ave = 284 pts
    FAST ave = 5.84 sec

User Tag List