Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Performance Challenge

We are diminished

2012 Performance Challenge

Acknowledging that performance improvements over time are more important than spot assessments, pistol-forum.com is presenting the 2012 Performance Challenge. The purpose is to measure raw accuracy, speed, and gun handling at the beginning and end of the year to see if your efforts on the range are actually paying off.

The drills used will be the Bullseye Threeway (aka "300") and the F.A.S.T.

STEP ONE:
    In January 2012, shoot the 300 twice and the F.A.S.T. three times in one day. Repeat on a second day during the month. You will have a total of four 300 scores and six F.A.S.T. scores. Find the average and report it.

STEP TWO:
    In December 2012, repeat the process to get four more 300 scores and six more F.A.S.T. scores. Find the average and report it for comparison.

Just like the DotW, we will announce a prize for a randomly selected member who participates in both January and December. The cut off for reporting January results is noon EST on 1-Feb-12.

For the Threeway, you want all three strings - TH, SH, WH - be shot on the same day twice ( DoW description says shoot on three separate days)?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    ( DoW description says shoot on three separate days)?
    Where does it say that?

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Where does it say that?
    Don't know. Either hallucinations, or dyslexia, or anticipatory intoxication.

In. This is a cool idea Todd.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Definitely in for this.

Im assuming that we should try and use the same gun and carry method for this? I think its a Great idea!!!!!!!
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Only waiting on the local range to reopen.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I'm in like a hair in a biscuit!

I'm in and headed to the range today, but not this early. Just feeding my daughter right now.

On a related note, has anyone used Mike Seeklander's training program? I'm going to start it this month.

User Tag List