Thread: Brass dryer

Brass dryer

What are folks using? Currently using http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.co...ass-dryer.html
    And it is on it's last leg.
    Taking a break from social media.

I got this at walmart for about $33.00. I bought extra trays (pretty cheap) to give a total of 8 trays and I can dry 500-600 .223 brass bone dry in 3 hours.
    Name:  b34b6a89-c810-4961-b5a3-f13853861025_1.5a2fa5ff834694bc01ecfaac19bac56a.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  32.3 KB
    Last edited by Paul D; 05-30-2017 at 11:57 PM. Reason: I can't spell

A pair of these:

Currently 4 avail @ 93.2.0, a very good price. Time/temp controls, 1000 watts is lots, larger diameter trays and the fan is on top so brass/water isn't falling down into motor/fan area. Granted I am drying with 5 gallons of brass (9000 9mm cases) at a time, and may wat to do multiple batches in a day, so this is likely overkill for most.

Also consider the cost of a second dehydrator vs expanding the number of trays (I used to run smaller 8 trays x 300 watts, almost killing the unit on 4 gallon batches).

I have seen one-off customer returns go on Amazon for les than the proice of a pack of 4 expansion trays.

Nesco FD-1040 Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator, White, 1000-watt

https://www.amazon.com/Nesco-FD-1040...&keywords=1000

Name:  41xCzULKOoL.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  29.3 KB
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Jerry Miculek uses an electric oven.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Dehydrator is the only way. You really can "overcook" brass and discolor it in an oven/toaster oven.
    #RESIST

Mine come out of the tumbler, onto an old towel, wrapped shaken around to dry of the bulk of the water, transferred onto another old towel, same again, then onto a tray with an electric fan pointing down onto the brass.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    A pair of these:

Currently 4 avail @ 93.2.0, a very good price. Time/temp controls, 1000 watts is lots, larger diameter trays and the fan is on top so brass/water isn't falling down into motor/fan area. Granted I am drying with 5 gallons of brass (9000 9mm cases) at a time, and may wat to do multiple batches in a day, so this is likely overkill for most.

Also consider the cost of a second dehydrator vs expanding the number of trays (I used to run smaller 8 trays x 300 watts, almost killing the unit on 4 gallon batches).

I have seen one-off customer returns go on Amazon for les than the proice of a pack of 4 expansion trays.

Nesco FD-1040 Gardenmaster Food Dehydrator, White, 1000-watt

https://www.amazon.com/Nesco-FD-1040...&keywords=1000

Name:  41xCzULKOoL.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  29.3 KB
    How does this compare in use to the Franklin Platinum Brass Dryer ?

Franklin has 500 less watts.

My dehydrator is used for jerky. Guess I need to buy a new one for brass when I switch to wet tumbling.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    How does this compare in use to the Franklin Platinum Brass Dryer ?

Franklin has 500 less watts.
    I think you will be fine with that for the 2000 cases in an hour that they recommend. I would always over-dry vs. underdry. Set it for hours and go to sleep. Brass dry in AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Thanks guys. Looks like I may be picking that one up from Amazon. Stopped at Cabelas today and saw the exact same one rebranded for twice the price. It's been about a year since I have stopped in, and was pleasantly surprised to be met with fully stocked shelves and a rather impressive assortment of reloading supplies.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List