Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12 rd Glock 43 ETS mags

According to the tracking info mine will be here tomorrow. I'll try to get out to the range with them this week.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Sort of like the S&W Shield?
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Yeah and Glock's own 10 round G19 mags are still consistently reliable.

That was supposed to be "are not consistently reliable"
    Last edited by Savage Hands; 06-04-2017 at 03:41 PM.

I got two 9 round G43 mags yesterday and ran them today. Had trouble loading more than 8 rounds. No issues. FWIW I also got a 13 round G23 magazine that gave me feed issues. I had to pull the slide back ever so slightly and the round fed and the slide went into battery. I was using brass cased in the 43 and aluminum in the .40. A quick check of the interwebz hinted that the ETS magazines do not work as well with steel or aluminum cased ammo but it was just a cursory check.

I got my 9 rounder today. Loaded 9 as easily as an OEM mag would load to max and seats fine. Night and day from the 15 rounders I have, if all my ETS mags loaded this easily I'd buy them by the truck load. Unfortunately my past experience mirrors rangerover's.
    Last edited by leif; 06-05-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Mine got here today. Filled them and will try them out this weekend.

Comparison with OEM and TTI extensions.

ETS 9rd

TTI 9rd

ETS 12rd

Got the mags on Monday. Yesterday I stopped on my way to work and put some rounds through them. Worked fine, but it wasn't high round count. A couple mags of ball and then a few Gold Dots. Getting 12 rounds in was a treat. Doable, but woulda been easier with a loading tool. One thing I did notice - the mags are shaped different towards the top than factory mags. Such that my JMCK single mag pouch wouldn't work for them, they got hung up. I'll take some pics a bit later.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

The front part of the top of the mag on a factory mag is tapered. Not the ETS.

Name:  IMG_0809.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  40.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_0810.jpg
Views: 846
Size:  43.9 KB

I would say any kydex mag pouch formed specifically to the factory mag won't work. Generic single mag pouches should.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    I would say any kydex mag pouch formed specifically to the factory mag won't work. Generic single mag pouches should.
    I usually carry a G17 mag as a spare. At minimum, but hardly ever, a G19 mag.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    I usually carry a G17 mag as a spare. At minimum, but hardly ever, a G19 mag.
    Sam - if you've figured out how to ham-fist a G19/17 magazine into a G43, I'd love to hear the technique!

User Tag List