Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 12 rd Glock 43 ETS mags

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Sam - if you've figured out how to ham-fist a G19/17 magazine into a G43, I'd love to hear the technique!

Opps ! Sorry guys, wrong thread. I was talking the 12rd Magpul for the G26.

I will go sit in the corner now !

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I've seen jits purple belts that were easier to pin down than the 7th round in the two flush-fit 43 mags I just got. I managed to cram the 7th round in one of them, but gassed out trying to get 7 in the second. Frankly, I don't see that top round in the first mag chambering in a topped-off 43, but i'll find out for sure at the next range outing.
    Got to the range today; took the 43, 6 OEM mags and 2 "7-round" ETS mags that I got during the most recent P-F herd buy. I was correct about the seating; I couldn't get either ETS to come close to seating on a closed slide with 7 rounds, making them effectively 6+1. Moreover, I had several FTFs with each ETS mag. This was with both Men 124 ball and Federal 9bp--which has proven to feed in anything I've ever tried it in. The 6 OEM mags ran fine with both loads, just like always. I probably won't bother with any more ETS mags for the 43, FWIW.

This is both disappointing, but not surprising.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Got the mags on Monday. Yesterday I stopped on my way to work and put some rounds through them. Worked fine, but it wasn't high round count. A couple mags of ball and then a few Gold Dots. Getting 12 rounds in was a treat. Doable, but woulda been easier with a loading tool. One thing I did notice - the mags are shaped different towards the top than factory mags. Such that my JMCK single mag pouch wouldn't work for them, they got hung up. I'll take some pics a bit later.

I loosed my JMCK a bit and they functioned fine. They do push the bottom apart a bit. We will see how that works over time.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

I was able to shoot the 7, 9, and 12 round mags today. Zero malfunctions with American Eagle 147 FMJ and Speer Gold Dot G2 (the recalled stuff Kieslers was selling). 100 rounds of each but I was also using TTI extended and OEM mags. I don't keep round counts for mags, but I'll test them further before trusting them for defensive use.

Quote Originally Posted by JustOneGun View Post
    I loosed my JMCK a bit and they functioned fine. They do push the bottom apart a bit. We will see how that works over time.

I suppose I also loosened the tension screw on the JMCK. LOL! So ghetto...
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Got to the range today; took the 43, 6 OEM mags and 2 "7-round" ETS mags that I got during the most recent P-F herd buy. I was correct about the seating; I couldn't get either ETS to come close to seating on a closed slide with 7 rounds, making them effectively 6+1. Moreover, I had several FTFs with each ETS mag. This was with both Men 124 ball and Federal 9bp--which has proven to feed in anything I've ever tried it in. The 6 OEM mags ran fine with both loads, just like always. I probably won't bother with any more ETS mags for the 43, FWIW.
    After multiple poor experiences with the 21 Rd ETS 9mm mags, I'm not surprised.

I left my ETS mags (7, 9, and 12) filled for the last 3 weeks and today at the range they functioned perfectly. Interestingly two of my TTI extended mags (+2 and +3) each had a nose dive one time while closing the slide to load them. Previous to this they worked fine. I don't track rounds through mags but my two G43's have a combined 2,096 through them and these mags go every trip. I'm thinking I'll get new springs for them, test them and leave them alone. Ammo today was American Eagle 147gr FMJ.
    Last edited by El Cid; 07-08-2017 at 08:21 PM.

Any updates on the 12rd?

User Tag List