Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yes, another f***ing SHOE post

Quote Originally Posted by eb07 View Post
    Another vote for Merrell Moabs. Work great in the AZ desert.
    Holy Crap!! What are the odds I can post on a p-f shoe hipster thread!?

+2 on Merrell Moab's:

I've had this pair for going on five years. It is my go-to light approach boot for hot weather.

Haven't heard socks mentioned yet (sock thread?) but I use light wool, usually Womens size M for my 8 1/2 EEE feet (yes I have duck feet). These Thorlos fit well.

Banned
    Shoes spelled backwards is Beelzebub

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Holy Crap!! What are the odds I can post on a p-f shoe hipster thread!?

+2 on Merrell Moab's:

I've had this pair for going on five years. It is my go-to light approach boot for hot weather.

Haven't heard socks mentioned yet (sock thread?) but I use light wool, usually Womens size M for my 8 1/2 EEE feet (yes I have duck feet). These Thorlos fit well.
    Merino socks. Only way to go, ask the big children in the army.
    Last edited by Chuteur; 05-31-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuteur View Post
    Merino socks. Only way to go, ask the big children in the army.
    Respectfully, I beg to differ. I'm more of a Thorlo guy. I tend to wear wool out too quickly. (And Thorlos are made right here in NC.)

I do like a well made wool sock, however. I'll admit to that.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

While I like hikers as an everyday wear shoe, in my experience, the soles don't last long in urban areas (da-street). I've tried Merrell, Keen and Salomon and pavement just eats that grippy rubber up. I'm not sure I'll ever find a brand that lasts. Maybe I need to look at redwings or something construction work based. Currently I wear skechers leather boots (wide toe box and waterproof) similar in profile to a hiker and they are doing okay..
    Last edited by Redhat; 05-31-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Omni-Wool Merino wool socks from Sam's Club. High wool content, and they wear like iron. I have six pair that are ten years old, three pair that are six years old and three pair that are two years old. The oldest are threadbare in the heels, but no holes. Three pair for less than $15. Best buy ever!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Had my Merrell Moab's for about two years. Got them on the recommendation of my ex girlfriend, who has been hiking since forever, is seriously into wildlife photography, and is a no shit rocket scientist (Not that she would be qualified to speak to shoes because of that. It's just cool to say.) No obvious signs that they're dying. That said, they've probably got more miles on them than any other footwear I own and I'd have expected them to start showing their ass by now.

Except for the fact that the Merrell is without a doubt, the most comfortable thing I've ever put on my foot, I'm not too invested.

I'm also not about to drop several hundred bucks on footwear I don't wear at work. 100-150 bucks for a pair, destroy in a year or two, buy new pair. Rinse lather repeat. I spend more on ammo in a month....

I do need a solid walking shoe for work purposes. Shift work 7-7 eats shoes up fast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've had the best luck with Lowa boots in general. I wear Renegades for work boots/hiking boots. I haven't destroyed a pair in five years. I had horrible luck with Merril Moab's, I went through three pairs and none lasted longer than six months before the soles would begin to separate. I want to like my Saloman XA Pros but they just don't work for my feet. I have really flat feet and they have a really aggressive arch that just doesn't agree with me. Because of this I wasn't able to wear them long enough to see how durable they were.

I really like the minimalist style brooks running shoes for running and working out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keen sandals unless it's cold and then Lowa boots
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    I really like the minimalist style brooks running shoes for running and working out.
    When I was still running, Brooks were my favorites. I still use them for working out. I have flat feet as well but I actually like the feeling of high arch support. Go figure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List