Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aridus Industries Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM)

Site Supporter
    I put a CROM on my 1301, not for an optic mount but just for a better, stronger, lower aperture sight. Outstanding! Much stronger (idiot proofed) than the factory rear sight set-up. Easy to zero. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

It has been posted about in the 1301 thread, but I felt it should have its own thread as this applies to other shotguns as well (in this case the 870). The Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM) is ready for pre-order. This initial development of this came out because of discussions here on PF, so thank you!

The CROM directly mounts the optic, in this case an Aimpoint Micro,to the shotgun's receiver. This puts the optic low enough to allow for a regular, consistent cheek weld. What really makes it special is the integrated XS rear ghost ring. With its windage and elevation adjustment, it is able to be co-witnessed in case of optic failure.

Currently this is available for the Beretta 1301 Tactical and Remington shotguns with use of Aimpoint Micros (and some clones). There are plans for other gun models and optics in the future, but this is the starting point.

The 1301 version replaces the factory plastic rail and rear sight assembly, and works with the factory front sight.

The Remington version will work on the 870, 1100, 11-87, and Versamax, and is based off of the Remington hole pattern. (If the receiver is not drilled and tapped, it will need to be so by a qualified gunsmith).

Through testing, we were able to achieve a co-witness with a variety of front sights. The height over bore (from the top of the inside of the barrel to the top of the front sight) ranged from 0.67" with the 870 Express Tactical's XS front sight, all the way to 0.75" with a Vang Comp front sight (will also work with Wilson Combat and many other front sights falling into that height over bore range).

It is important to note that a shotgun's point of impact is HEAVILY based on both the barrel and the ammo, it's possible that an perfect co-witness might not be able to be achieved with every sight with every gun and every setup. The front sight might need to be changed for perfection, however, every sight setup and gun we tested (both in house and in beta testing) was able to achieve a usable co-witness, certainly good enough for an emergency backup sighting system.

MSRP is $110
    Through 6/15/17, there is special pre-order pricing of $99. They can be ordered at http://www.aridusindustries.com/products/

Orders should begin shipping in July/August.

I'm definitely very excited about this (possibly moreso than any of our other products so far). Let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!
    I know this is an older thread, but would this mount work if I have a wilson combat ghost ring rear? If not, do you plan on making any revisions of the crom that will work with a wilson rear sight?

User Tag List