Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aridus Industries Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM)

Aridus Industries Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM)

Hey Everyone,

It has been posted about in the 1301 thread, but I felt it should have its own thread as this applies to other shotguns as well (in this case the 870). The Co-witness Ready Optic Mount (CROM) is ready for pre-order. This initial development of this came out because of discussions here on PF, so thank you!

The CROM directly mounts the optic, in this case an Aimpoint Micro,to the shotgun's receiver. This puts the optic low enough to allow for a regular, consistent cheek weld. What really makes it special is the integrated XS rear ghost ring. With its windage and elevation adjustment, it is able to be co-witnessed in case of optic failure.

Currently this is available for the Beretta 1301 Tactical and Remington shotguns with use of Aimpoint Micros (and some clones). There are plans for other gun models and optics in the future, but this is the starting point.

The 1301 version replaces the factory plastic rail and rear sight assembly, and works with the factory front sight.

The Remington version will work on the 870, 1100, 11-87, and Versamax, and is based off of the Remington hole pattern. (If the receiver is not drilled and tapped, it will need to be so by a qualified gunsmith).

Through testing, we were able to achieve a co-witness with a variety of front sights. The height over bore (from the top of the inside of the barrel to the top of the front sight) ranged from 0.67" with the 870 Express Tactical's XS front sight, all the way to 0.75" with a Vang Comp front sight (will also work with Wilson Combat and many other front sights falling into that height over bore range).

It is important to note that a shotgun's point of impact is HEAVILY based on both the barrel and the ammo, it's possible that an perfect co-witness might not be able to be achieved with every sight with every gun and every setup. The front sight might need to be changed for perfection, however, every sight setup and gun we tested (both in house and in beta testing) was able to achieve a usable co-witness, certainly good enough for an emergency backup sighting system.

MSRP is $110
    Through 6/15/17, there is special pre-order pricing of $99. They can be ordered at http://www.aridusindustries.com/products/

Orders should begin shipping in July/August.

I'm definitely very excited about this (possibly moreso than any of our other products so far). Let me know if you've got any questions. Thanks!
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Nice work bro!

Indeed, thank you for the work on this.

Jackdog and I were talking with Steve Moses at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference this year. Steve offered to do a 1301 class sometime this fall. We were going to drag Old Runner /CSAT Neighbor to it as well.

I'm going to pre-order one of your mounts, and see if we can abuse, er, I mean test it in that class.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Indeed, thank you for the work on this.

Jackdog and I were talking with Steve Moses at the Rangemaster Tactical Conference this year. Steve offered to do a 1301 class sometime this fall. We were going to drag Old Runner /CSAT Neighbor to it as well.

I'm going to pre-order one of your mounts, and see if we can abuse, er, I mean test it in that class.
    I got to train with Steve a couple of years ago at TacCon while I was still alpha testing the Q-DC, he's a really really solid dude and instructor. I took a lot away that I'm still implementing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Site Supporter
    Very nice! Anything in the pipeline for us 1301 Comp owners? Best, ELN.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Doesn't have the cowitness iron sights, but it will get an Aimpoint mounted on your Comp. Was discussed several months back in the 1301 thread.

http://www.kearms.com/1301-comp-h1t1-mount
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Not the best pictures but I got my CROM mounted on my 870 Police Magnum this weekend. Still need to cerekote install the Magpul furniture etc. If UPS is accurate my barrel for this gun and my Tac-14 will be here Wednesday.
    Name:  ECBCDDE7-EB32-43CE-B2F8-6E3208959C75.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  46.8 KBName:  ECBCDDE7-EB32-43CE-B2F8-6E3208959C75.jpg
Views: 1201
Size:  46.8 KB
    Name:  997BE9A2-2373-4AF0-B978-C2C84AF8BB14.jpg
Views: 1073
Size:  29.3 KB

I do not have a CROM, but I have a comparable product. I just wanted to pop in and say that while I don't have a CROM, I have spoken at length with the OP, and would be more than happy to do business with him, as well as that the concept of the CROM has to be experienced to be appreciated. I consider it all of the speed of a bead, and all of the precision of rifle-sights, and the low-light performance you come to expect out of a properly setup carbine with RDS. If I had a CROM-capable shotgun, a CROM is what would go on it.

Any plans for the M4?

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    Any plans for the M4?
    The M4 doesn't "need" the CROM, and existing product from Scalarworks already fills that void for the M1,M2,M3, and M4. That said, the CROM would provide an alternative for people who are loyal to Aridus. I personally like both companies and both owners are stand-up people, so I'm just as happy with either.

User Tag List