Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Stock Glocks Any Good?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Butt plug?

I changed the plastic sights for factory metal sights and put the medium blackstrap on my 19 but that was it.

It's your life, live it how you want but butt plugs aren't my thing
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Fills the hole in the back of the grip.
    Never figured out what that hole was for. I've heard it's in case you have to strip the magazine

Never figured out what that hole was for. I've heard it's in case you have to strip the magazine
    It lets stuff up into your gun is what it does. Pearce sells a grip plug for like 5 bucks on Amazon.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    It lets stuff up into your gun is what it does. Pearce sells a grip plug for like 5 bucks on Amazon.

Ok

You know the"butt plug" comment was all in good fun right?

Ok

You know the"butt plug" comment was all in good fun right?
    Lol ya man. I call it either one, mattering on how funny I feel in that moment. If you use back straps, you may need a specific one to work with the back straps

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    You knew what I meant, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whaddya expect from a Pens fan? (Yeah, sour grapes. I admit it.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Probably would be helpful to define "pretty good." They are decent at what their designed purpose is, an inexpensive, rugged, light, moderately accurate pistol with a heavy trigger. It can be modified such that all of these qualities (except cost and lower weight I guess) can be enhanced. Every firearm segment appears to have a couple of these "guild to taste" firearms:

*Mossberg vs. Remington
    *Glock/S&W/Springfield
    *Ruger vs. S&W (revolvers)
    *M4 clones
    *TexMex.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Probably would be helpful to define "pretty good." They are decent at what their designed purpose is, an inexpensive, rugged, light, moderately accurate pistol with a heavy trigger. It can be modified such that all of these qualities (except cost and lower weight I guess) can be enhanced. Every firearm segment appears to have a couple of these "guild to taste" firearms:

*Mossberg vs. Remington
    *Glock/S&W/Springfield
    *Ruger vs. S&W (revolvers)
    *M4 clones
    *TexMex.
    I am a 1911 user so take this for what it's worth, but I have a hard time viewing the stock Glock trigger as too heavy. Maybe it's heavier than what dedicated Glock users like, but it just doesn't seem that heavy to me. I include my daughter's new Gen4 G17 in this.

On my Gen4 G22, the only thing I've felt compelled to do is to replace the OEM polymer sights with Glock steel sights, replace the OEM flat slide stop with the Glock extended slide stop/release, replace the OEM magazine release with the slightly extended Glock FBI release and add a Pierce Gen4 butt plug.

Trigger after disassembly and lubing is very nice, and that's with the OEM dot connector and coil trigger return spring.

After experimentation, I run the gun without any of the 4 provided additional backstraps.

On my Gen 3 Glocks, while I stick with Glock components (except for sights and Pierce plugs), I do judiciously tune the guns with various Glock triggerbars extended slide stops, connectors and return spring (NY vs coil).

I would feel very comfortable in running any of my Glocks as they came out of the box; all of my mods are gilding the lily, not correcting any inherent or fatal defect.

Best, Jon
    Last edited by JonInWA; 05-30-2017 at 12:53 PM.

It is intended to provide a place for water, snow, dirt and assorted other gunk drop free from the action as the Glock operates. It is intentionally put there.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterM9 View Post
    It is intended to provide a place for water, snow, dirt and assorted other gunk drop free from the action as the Glock operates. It is intentionally put there.
    The opposite can be said also can't it? Any space for shit to get into your gun is bad... anyone who has been to Iraq or Afghanistan knows exactly what I'm talking about.. I know quite a few high end trainers and users of glock that all suggest a grip plug as a mod that is a no brainer..

User Tag List