Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Are Stock Glocks Any Good?

My department, like many others, have been issuing and running GLOCKs for 20+ years now. First Gen 3 19s/26s and now Gen 4 23s/27s. The guns are rock stock except for Trijicon night sights. They work and continue to work...

Stock Glocks had better be "any good," because there is not much my chief will let me change. (Applicable to any duty or defensive handgun, on or off the clock.) Thankfully, the egregious plastic OEM sights are an allowed change. Anything in the trigger group and other interior parts must, emphatically, be stock. Reasonable mods to the grip/frame are OK, but Gen4 Glocks fit me well without mods. I was going to have my one Gen3's frame modified, but have instead decided to sell it. (Local deal; already in progress.)

Are Stock Glocks Any Good?

Except for the SCD and GFA, this one is as it comes from Glock, and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sherman A. House DDS; 05-30-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    Glock is now offering stock metal night sights. While not my preferred choice, I could live with a Stock Glock 17 gen4 with the factory night sights.
    This. I spent a lot of time and money seeking something better than a Glock and trying to turn a Glock into a better version of itself. The Gen4 9mms ended that.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Are stock Glocks any good? Absolutely, they are, don't let anyone tell you any different. The fact that there are literally thousands of after-market accesories and "upgrades" can mislead people into thinking there is something "wrong" with a Glock out of the box.
    Last edited by ShooterM9; 05-30-2017 at 10:35 AM.

My favorite Glock right now is my Talo 43. It came out of the box with Ameriglo UC sights, so I can say that I shoot, enjoy, and carry it box stock. It will stay that way until Tom cocks things up by releasing the Gadget42/43.

Come to think of it, my old Talo G17 had red FO/Black sights... even when I put in an OEM minus connector, it didn't have anything that wasn't an OEM skew.

My 26 came with a vickers release that I can take or leave, and it has a gadget, so that one is all bastardized.

Wife's 42 is bone stock, now that Glock is back to playing with a full deck on their connectors.

PensFan
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post

Except for the SCD and GFA, this one is as it comes from Glock, and I love it.

It didn't come from Glock like that. Lipsey's maybe. But not from the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by PensFan View Post
    It didn't come from Glock like that. Lipsey's maybe. But not from the factory.
    You knew what I meant, right?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Sights, butt plug, and gadget. That is all I do to my glocks
    Butt plug?

I changed the plastic sights for factory metal sights and put the medium blackstrap on my 19 but that was it.

It's your life, live it how you want but butt plugs aren't my thing
    Last edited by Cypher; 05-30-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Butt plug?
    Fills the hole in the back of the grip.

User Tag List