Thread: Ameriglo Spartan Sights for Beretta Vertec & M9A3

Site Supporter

Ameriglo Spartan Sights for Beretta Vertec & M9A3

Does anyone have experience with the Beretta Spartan sight set Beretta sells for the Vertec and M9a3 ?

I like the idea of a pro glo front on my Vertec but I'm not sure the width. I'm guessing .140 ?

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a3...ights/eu00064/

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Beretta Spartan sight set Beretta sells for the Vertec and M9a3 ?

I like the idea of a pro glo front on my Vertec but I'm not sure the width. I'm guessing .140 ?

http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/m9a3...ights/eu00064/
    Looking at their site: .125" wide? Not sure on the height.

Site Supporter
    Anyone here with experience with these sights?
    I just read that Langdon can put them on the 92 LTT Elite (although mine is already waiting for me at my LGS). I plan to give the FO front sight that comes on the gun a try, but suspect that I may want to put night sights on it, as all my other guns have.
    Are they a bit lower than the normal Vertec night sights? In the photos on the Beretta website it appears that way...
    Again, any firsthand experience is appreciated.

Mine have .140 wide front, normal height for Vertec. I installed a set on one of my M9A3's and have a second set for the other one, just haven't done the sight pushing yet. They work pretty much exactly like the factory sights on the Wilson Centurion Tactical.

I paired a Spartan front with a Pepperoni rear on my Vertec/M9A1 mutt. It gives a similar setup to that on the PX4 Carry, which is what I was going for - highly visible. The front may be a tad wide for precise work at longer distances, but overall I think it's a good setup.

How do these sights stack up against the Trijicon HD sights?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Mine have .140 wide front, normal height for Vertec. I installed a set on one of my M9A3's and have a second set for the other one, just haven't done the sight pushing yet. They work pretty much exactly like the factory sights on the Wilson Centurion Tactical.
    I find the CenTac sights to be a poor mix of features, for me. The front sight is wider than I like, at 0.140", which makes fine aiming at distances over about 10 years a bit harder. And the orange only stands out in good light. In darkness, the tritium is fine, but in poor light, I can't pick up the orange nor the tritium.

For USPSA/IDPA competition, I'm going to swap the front sight for a true fiber optic – either the Wilson Combat at 0.125" wide or the Dawson at 0.110".
    Bob
    9MM: 92 Elite LTT, CenTac
    .45 ACP: Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Dan Wesson, Springfield, Colt
    Confederate Civil War reproductions: 1863 Richmond rifle, Spiller and Burr revolver

Quote Originally Posted by BobRockefeller View Post
    I find the CenTac sights to be a poor mix of features, for me. The front sight is wider than I like, at 0.140", which makes fine aiming at distances over about 10 years a bit harder. And the orange only stands out in good light. In darkness, the tritium is fine, but in poor light, I can't pick up the orange nor the tritium.

For USPSA/IDPA competition, I'm going to swap the front sight for a true fiber optic – either the Wilson Combat at 0.125" wide or the Dawson at 0.110".
    The sight setups Wilson offers on the Brigadier and Centurion Tactical sure are weird, I don't like them either.

I have the Spartan sights on an Elite LTT and it is ideal for me and what I like.

I don't shoot beyond 25m with a pistol though. Ever. And I do most of my shooting at 10-15m.

User Tag List