Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Off-topic "gun guy" vs. "shooter" discussion (split from LAV DA/SA thread)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterM9 View Post
    There are "geardos" and there are serious shooters.

If you have to ask what the difference is.....

Not really a problem on this forum.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Hitler. E/O/T.

Okie John
    Sorry, but the firearm world equivalent is what SEALs use. If you're not running a Mk25, you're a chump who's never operated.

So, is this discussion about seriously shooters of one or two platform so versus S.I.M.P.s?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Sorry, but the firearm world equivalent is what SEALs use. If you're not running a Mk25, you're a chump who's never operated.

So, is this discussion about seriously shooters of one or two platform so versus S.I.M.P.s?
    Isn't it a g19 now, got one on me right now because "seals"

Is this a skills test or a measurement of what one says online?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Is this a skills test or a measurement of what one says online?
    Sounds like a skills test to me. Throw down, boy.

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

My point is simply that a person who is a "gun guy" can and will appreciate all types and kinds of firearm because he has achieved basic competency in the fundamentals and so is able to operate most any firearm effectively and accurately. Sure, he will have his favorite types and brands of firearms, but fanatical devotion to a particular brand or one particularly trigger action as if *it* is the key to effective use of a firearm is not a good approach, in my opinion.

It might be said to be comparable to the difference between a fan of the game of baseball and merely a fan of a particular baseball team.

Insert obligatory Matthew Quigley quote here:

"I said I didn't have much use for one. Didn't say I didn't know how to use it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Sounds like a skills test to me. Throw down, boy.

Epic. One of my favorite movie scenes ever
    "A man's character is his fate."

This thread makes me want to go hang out on Perfection Specific Gun Forum for research.
    Last edited by LSP552; 05-29-2017 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterM9 View Post
    My point is simply that a person who is a "gun guy" can and will appreciate all types and kinds of firearm because he has achieved basic competency in the fundamentals and so is able to operate most any firearm effectively and accurately. Sure, he will have his favorite types and brands of firearms, but fanatical devotion to a particular brand or one particularly trigger action as if *it* is the key to effective use of a firearm is not a good approach, in my opinion.

It might be said to be comparable to the difference between a fan of the game of baseball and merely a fan of a particular baseball team.
    I think you misunderstand most members here. While most have a preference, I have no doubt most of the more vocal
    Membership here could pick up any handgun and run it sufficiently. Unfortunately, which was apparent in my journal you posted in, you only read what you want to read. I may be an odd duck where I like almost any gun but think it's important, after getting basic fundamentals, to stick with one gun for awhile. Maybe it's my background or own experience fighting but I want my gear to be an after thought (as in I know what I have on me and where it is subconsciously) so I can focus on other aspects of the fight. Obviously, and probably, your mileage may vary.

User Tag List