Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: AAR: Fighting Pistol with James Yeager, 2-Day 5-22/5-23

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    On the range woundings have also occurred at Gunsite and Rogers Shooting School, the oldest shooting schools in the world. So I'd hardly use that as part of my case against James. I listened to Mike Shertz from Insights give a hilarious indictment of the pathetic handling of a wounding at Gunsite, total grass eater mindset on their part, that day.
    Oh, give me a break NDs at a major training facility are one thing, behaving like a total ass clown as Yeager and his instructors continually do is another.

You really do not understanding the difference?

One of the ass-clown "instructors" Yeager "I've been fired by local LEOs multiple times and ran and hide in Iraq" employees threw a weapon on the ground to "show" students and "teach them a lesson."

Come on, get a grip.

How far up Yeager's ass is your head?

Quote Originally Posted by wayne dobbs View Post
    did one gunsite instructor shoot another in an unplanned, no prior clearance shoothouse run? Because that's what a yeager op did. Did any of the other legacy operations put a live cameraman downrange in the target array? Yeager's op has. They're 24 carat assclowns; they're incompetent; they're arrogant about their recklessness and they clearly think they're exempt from the professionally required practices of safety that the rest of us both do and expect of others. Don't try and cover for folks that cause the rest of us who pay total attention to safety and professionalism to be held in contempt by the public and media for those egregious acts of recklessness.

read this one again...or as many times as it takes to help you realize james yeager is hazard to the industry.

@ShooterM9, bro.. do you even pistol-forum? Calm down man. Sit back, enjoy the scenery. Maybe go dry fire lol
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    @ShooterM9, bro.. do you even pistol-forum? Calm down man. Sit back, enjoy the scenery. Maybe go dry fire lol
    Yes and I do not want anyone giving any money to that con man.

Point taken, Roger Wilco. I was not aware of the sensitive nature of this forum and members of it.

But...ok.
    Last edited by ShooterM9; 05-30-2017 at 08:38 PM.

PF sucks, mods are shit.

Yeager is definitely a black hole of what not to do. On or off the training field. He sets a pretty poor example in some of his vids and definitely in training. Some of what he says is good but is far shadowed by bs.

I have seen some references on my fb feed relating to his new deal. Gun culture vs gun community or something like that. I watched some of it. I sadly agreed with on SOME points. But once again just ends up way over the top f__k you to a entire group of gun owners.

But hey, I am sure someone will always learn something from his classes. Good or bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    On the range woundings have also occurred at Gunsite and Rogers Shooting School, the oldest shooting schools in the world. So I'd hardly use that as part of my case against James. I listened to Mike Shertz from Insights give a hilarious indictment of the pathetic handling of a wounding at Gunsite, total grass eater mindset on their part, that day.
    Can I ask what was "pathetic" about Gunsite's handling of the event there?

Yeager gets over to Germany sometimes, I know someone who has hosted him a couple of times. The problem with europe is that if any US 'name' manages to get a range sorted and his course promo'ed they will get eaten alive by the uptake - it does not matter how good or bad they are, the fact that they are from the US sell's. A very credible top end US instructor with the highest level of real world experience, who I shall not name, has also been a couple of times I know of, again I know the host, the US instructor was charging $2000 a day for a five day course plus expenses (flights, hotel, etc).

Anyway, being a Brit I know about Yeagers 'Route Irish' shootout. The video is still out there on the tube, as are the corporate AAR and Yeagers AAR, which to be honest I found to resemble something akin to composition by a 12 year old rather than an AAR from a former LEO and police chief. All SOP's aside, if a team mate is wounded you stay with them, or move them [fullstop].

In my most humble opinion it appears Yeager spent lots of department money going on shooting courses, spent time as a cop and then went to try and be a contractor which is a career path more suited to a soldier than a cop. The only good former police contractors at the pointy end I have seen are from top end police special units such as HRT, LAPD, SRT, GIGN, GSG-9, SO19 that level, not a local backwoods good ole boys departmental combined BBQ, drinking, shooting club.

Seen and heard Yeager at the Shot Show, as I get to attend as press, I would never personally use him for a course as I do not think he has the appropriate real world experience compared to many others - plenty of ex-Delta, SEAL's, SF, Rangers out there.

I APOLOGISE, I MAY HAVE GIVEN BAD INFORMATION ABOVE.

The guy may have gone to Yeager from Germany not had Yeager in Germany. I have fired off an email to double, double, check and will post the response.

User Tag List