Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AAR: Fighting Pistol with James Yeager, 2-Day 5-22/5-23

Site Supporter
    Really??? Somebody actually spent money with this moron coward??
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ByaWryRWA

I don't like to do the write up stuff so much so I just started talking. My first AAR. Hopefully you like it.
    You've got a voice and pace that is easy to listen to.

Might be best to turn off the TV, was distracting back there. And it's always more engaging when you are looking into the camera.

Obviously some strong opinions on Yeager. Don't let that discourage you.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ByaWryRWA

I don't like to do the write up stuff so much so I just started talking. My first AAR. Hopefully you like it.
    Good AAR, but I would've also liked to have seen a clip or two of the course.

Site Supporter
    Yeager and his associated "instructors" have pinged the radar so many bad ways and times, that his name is the last I'd want a plaintiff's lawyer to know if I had a use of deadly force litigation coming at me. These include repeated safety violations, including on the range woundings, gun throwing incidents, bans from ranges and all capped by Yeager's crowning achievement of hiding in a ditch while his co-workers were killed in Baghdad instead of being a stand up "gunfighter". Sometimes you don't know what you don't know.

I'm with Paul on this....

Go Steelers
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post

So, even though you might think Yaeger is an ass clown, I bet this guy learned a few things that have merit.

But how to separate the wheat from the chaff?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Yeager and his associated "instructors" have pinged the radar so many bad ways and times, that his name is the last I'd want a plaintiff's lawyer to know if I had a use of deadly force litigation coming at me. These include repeated safety violations, including on the range woundings, gun throwing incidents, bans from ranges and all capped by Yeager's crowning achievement of hiding in a ditch while his co-workers were killed in Baghdad instead of being a stand up "gunfighter". Sometimes you don't know what you don't know.
    On the range woundings have also occurred at Gunsite and Rogers Shooting School, the oldest shooting schools in the world. So I'd hardly use that as part of my case against James. I listened to Mike Shertz from Insights give a hilarious indictment of the pathetic handling of a wounding at Gunsite, total grass eater mindset on their part, that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    On the range woundings have also occurred at Gunsite and Rogers Shooting School, the oldest shooting schools in the world.
    I'm guessing they also more student-hours under their belt, so the rate at which students get hurt are probably significantly lower.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Williams View Post
    On the range woundings have also occurred at Gunsite and Rogers Shooting School, the oldest shooting schools in the world. So I'd hardly use that as part of my case against James. I listened to Mike Shertz from Insights give a hilarious indictment of the pathetic handling of a wounding at Gunsite, total grass eater mindset on their part, that day.
    Did one Gunsite Instructor shoot another in an unplanned, no prior clearance shoothouse run? Because that's what a Yeager op did. Did any of the other legacy operations put a live cameraman downrange in the target array? Yeager's op has. They're 24 carat assclowns; they're incompetent; they're arrogant about their recklessness and they clearly think they're exempt from the professionally required practices of safety that the rest of us both do and expect of others. Don't try and cover for folks that cause the rest of us who pay total attention to safety and professionalism to be held in contempt by the public and media for those egregious acts of recklessness.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 05-30-2017 at 09:19 AM.

User Tag List