Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AAR: Fighting Pistol with James Yeager, 2-Day 5-22/5-23

AAR: Fighting Pistol with James Yeager, 2-Day 5-22/5-23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6ByaWryRWA

I don't like to do the write up stuff so much so I just started talking. My first AAR. Hopefully you like it.

You really don't understand why the vast majority of professional instructors and serious students of the gun regard James Yeager to be a freakin' total moron?
    Last edited by ShooterM9; 05-28-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterM9 View Post
    You really don't understand why the vast majority of professional instructors and serious students of the gun regard James Yeager to be a freakin' total moron?
    Never trained with him, met him a few times. In person, a very nice guy.

I've trained with some of the top guys, and the ones that know him...have told me the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Never trained with him, met him a few times. In person, a very nice guy.

I've trained with some of the top guys, and the ones that know him...have told me the same thing.
    And I have trained with the "top instructors" and James Yeager is a laughing stock among them, no matter what they say to his face, or say politely to students who inquire. Don't waste your hard earned money on training with him.
    Last edited by ShooterM9; 05-28-2017 at 05:56 PM.

And I have trained with the "top instructors" and James Yeager is a laughing stock among them, no matter what they say to his face, or say politely to students who inquire. Don't waste your hard earned money on training with him.
    They never said to train with him. They said he was a nice guy. And that mirrors my interactions with him, albeit limited.

On a side note, my agency has sent me all over for various training courses. Generally, I've never met an instructor I've completely agreed with on everything, and I've always been able to learn something from every instructor.

So, even though you might think Yaeger is an ass clown, I bet this guy learned a few things that have merit.

Yes, Yeager behaves himself well when he is around his "betters" which is basically everyone. Otherwise, he is freaking idiot who has more than demonstrated via his job history, employment experiences, and his fiasco as a "contractor" that is a man who is able to separate fools from their money. He appeals to a certain kind of person who is easily impressed, let's just say that. If somebody wants to throw good money after bad, Yeager is the trainer for them.

Yes, Yeager behaves himself well when he is around his "betters" which is basically everyone. Otherwise, he is freaking idiot who has more than demonstrated via his job history, employment experiences, and his fiasco as a "contractor" that is a man who is able to separate fools from their money. He appeals to a certain kind of person who is easily impressed, let's just say that. If somebody wants to throw good money after bad, Yeager is the trainer for them.
    Gees....

I've never trained with him..but that fools from money comment can be applied to a lot of the big named instructors.
    I refer to it as "entertrainment"....full disclosure I stole that from a big named instructor. Lol

All things considered I hope you got something out of it, but I'm also disappointed you sent someone of that low a calibre funds to continue his actions in our community.

He's scum, pure and simple. Couldn't care less what face he puts on in person.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    So, even though you might think Yaeger is an ass clown, I bet this guy learned a few things that have merit.
    Did he learn to explain under oath why he took a class from a guy who is generally considered a dangerous ass clown?
    Last edited by Drang; 05-29-2017 at 12:06 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by hwalker84 View Post
    ... I don't like to do the write up stuff so much so I just started talking. My first AAR. Hopefully you like it.
    Nice review man, hit the pertinent points, covered likes and dislikes as well as thoughts on future classes.

Also, the Steelers throw in the background? 5 out of 5 stars. Steel curtain baby!
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

User Tag List