Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: AAR: Fighting Pistol with James Yeager, 2-Day 5-22/5-23

Banned
    James Yeager was fired, twice, by small town LE departments for trying to get them to form SWAT teams and other dumb crap. Just ask around, plenty of former LEO associates who will happily let you know all about this arse-clown. Amazing he has a business at all. Must attract a "certain kind" of clientele.

Is he still doing team, live fire room clearing on like day one of some of his classes? That idea scares the shit out of me.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Whilst waiting for the email pidgeon to arrive back from Germany I had a google around and found a couple of things:

1. Yeager called Instructor Zero an entertainer and not an instructor/educator. Zero has some pretty damn fine shooting skills, and I'm pretty sure served in the Italian paratroops/SF, and is asked to teach skill's to police and SF units internationally. Hmmmm!

2. Then I bumped into this which is worth reading in its entirity: https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/0...tudents-truck/

The final paragraph though is: We contacted the the Folsom Shooting Club/Sacramento Valley Shooting Center about the incident, and they gave Bearing Arms the following written response, banning Tactical Response from returning to the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center.

Folsom Shooting Club takes safety seriously, as any well run range must. We have well documented policies and procedures to assure a safe range for all shooters and guests. A safety issue was reported to us regarding a private training class and we immediately spoke to persons with firsthand knowledge of the reported incident. The results of our investigation were reported to the board of directors and our board made what it believes to be the best decision for the club, its members and guests. Tactical Response will no longer be permitted to conduct training activities on our facility.

Safety is paramount [Fullstop]. My weapons handling comes from the military and the British military has a defined set of rules and procedures for weapons safety, I apply those in all my shooting to this day. All tactics from standard infantry to the more exotic building and tube clearances are 'in the book'. They have been developed, risk assessed, documented, and dry practiced x number of times before live practice, so that if it ever comes to 'the day' everything falls into place and it runs like clockwork. You don't run silly courses with Civvy's over a weekend it is asking for trouble.
    Last edited by Chuteur; 06-03-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Site Supporter
    Just FYI on Instructor Zero: He spent a year as a conscript in an Italian Para unit. He has no SOF or operational experience but in fairness I don't know that he has claimed either. I think people simply make a lot of assumptions.

Below is from a source in Italy in a position to know:

"Hi ********* ,
    lastly some of our common friend tag me about "Instructor Zero" asking for infos so here they are :
    His name is Jeco Biccelli , when he was 18 years old he was a military conscript joining the 5* battalion "El Alamein" of the Folgore parachutist brigade for one year , every male in Italy in those years had to join the military for 12 months .
    He was not in any "assault" battalion neither in any SpecOps unit , he has never been downrange , never had any SOF background .
    Until few years ago he was running a trattoria close to Perugia , he was the innkeeper , from then he started a new company named Spartan360° .
    He is using to shot all the week long , every week of every month , which makes of him a good shooter , with his fancy videos he is promoting his business selling his courses .
    Well , there is not anything more to say , he is not a bad guy , simply a funny character .
    Ben Steoger was an Arby's Manager, it doesn't mean he can't teach me anything about shooting. Zero seems like a fun dude to spend a day at the range with, if he stays in his lane and can teach me something I have nothing against him.

As for Yeager - I have no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Ben Steoger was an Arby's Manager, it doesn't mean he can't teach me anything about shooting. Zero seems like a fun dude to spend a day at the range with, if he stays in his lane and can teach me something I have nothing against him.

I worked in a bagel factory for a few weeks after class in high school (until I was fired). Given the shape of the product, that would pretty much make me a "zero". Following that line of logic I'll have to man up and admit I can't teach you anything about shooting. But don't get me started on poppy seeds...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just FYI on Instructor Zero: He spent a year as a conscript in an Italian Para unit. He has no SOF or operational experience but in fairness I don't know that he has claimed either. I think people simply make a lot of assumptions.

Below is from a source in Italy in a position to know:

Ben stoeger was also a cop! Just random tidbit of info.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Then he should have managed a Dunkin' Donuts. Poor career choices are what dooms men.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

FWIW

I'm currently reading a book by Mark Gearney called Gun Metal Grey. In the acknowledgments section he lists James Yeager at Tacticalresponse.com. On the inside back page bio it says among other things "trained alongside military and law enforcement in the use of firearms, battlefield medicine, and close range combative tactics."

I do appreciate OP's AAR. Hope this thread and forum helps him (and others) in his training journey

Yeah, pretty sure the Arby's manager thing was a joke.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    News to me. I know Vogel was / is but he is still not the guy I would go to for an NVG shoothouse course.

Regardless the point is Ben (or Vogel) is extremely qualified to teach when it comes to pistol shooting and associated training methodology despite not being ninja/delta/Seals.

Most every good LE or MIL shooter I've ever seen got that way on their own not as a result of their institution.

Getting paid to be on the range and shoot GOV ammo helps but most I've seen have already put in significant personal time and effort to get into those type of positions.
    Last edited by HCM; 06-03-2017 at 02:58 PM.

User Tag List