Thread: RCBS is Mimicking the FART

RCBS is Mimicking the FART

Was reading the Midway flyer this morning (more specifics would exceed the amount of toilet humor permitted in a technical forum... ) and noticed this:
    https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/40...mbler-110-volt

Not quite a direct knock-off, I like the handle. And I am not sure the FART really needs the lids on both sides. They are also offering a sorter and I am sure all of it is coming from the same factory, much of it appears to probably be from the same molds.

Anyway, no endorsement, just a heads-up on an alternative.

Site Supporter
    Nifty! I like it more than the Lyman, and I honestly leave one lid closed on my fart all the time so meh on 2 lids (but if you use it without pins, putting both grated lids in makes rinsing really quick)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it might have some improvements over the FART. I can't say I need the two lids on the FART, and it makes for more work to ensure a proper seal. What is the capacity of the RCBS unit? I wouldn't bother getting one unless it holds more brass than the FART.
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Any more discounts like a Memorial Day sale?
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KhanRad View Post
    Looks like it might have some improvements over the FART. I can't say I need the two lids on the FART, and it makes for more work to ensure a proper seal. What is the capacity of the RCBS unit? I wouldn't bother getting one unless it holds more brass than the FART.
    I tightened down one lid damn good on the fart and ran some tape over it as a reminder to leave it be. I just leave that one be, so no longer an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    I tightened down one lid damn good on the fart and ran some tape over it as a reminder to leave it be. I just leave that one be, so no longer an issue.

I've got one side that seals really well on the first tighten, but the other takes some work to make sure it is down. For a while there, both sides were leaking really badly. Then I figured out that I was the problem by tapping the end of the canister on the ground to get all the pins out......it was dinging up the mouth of the canister. I put a sheet of fine sandpaper on a flat surface, and used that to flatten and smooth out the canister surfaces again. The FART works well enough for me with minimal effort to get a tight seal now.

I have been using the Lyman Cyclone rotary tumbler, which also only has one lid, and have been very impressed with it. It also comes with separate sifter trays for the cases and pins. Since reading the other thread on wet tumbling without pins I have mothballed the pin sifter tray and couldn't be happier. Cost was approx. $160 for the total kit at amazon.

The Lyman looks like a good design, but it also seems to be the same capacity as the FART or the RCBS. I wish one of these guys would make an extra large one that will hold double the capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post

Non-permanent silicone - that is silicone which set's but does not permanently glue stuff together.

If you never want to open that end again just use normal silicone.

User Tag List