Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C&D Pardus AIWB

C&D Pardus AIWB

After the initial molding issue with my Cane & Derby Pardus I finally got around to using the replacement holster for a week or so.
    Here's my observations:
    • The holster is super fast with no drag on the gun at all. Just an initial click to overcome the retention and the guns coming out.
    • Concealment is decent but not great. The P30 is a good sized gun though, so grip tuck is going to be tough on a skinny guy like me.
    • Dropping the holster 3/8" by raising the belt loops helped quite a bit with concealment with no appreciable difference in the draw.
    • I swapped the Bladetech rubber belt loops for some of Dale Fricke's loops made of a much thinner material, that also helped with concealment.
    • The belt loop position is a pain in the ass for me, the loop's position and spacing doesn't work great with any of my pants. It works ok, just not great.
    • 8 hours of carry including drive time was not an issue. As comfortable as any other holster I own.

Thanks for the review. Any pics showing how far out the grip sits from the torso
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Pics please!

I'll get some pics up Sunday.
    Gotta get a tan and my abs in shape first.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'll get some pics up Sunday.
    Gotta get a tan and my abs in shape first.
    You're right, those two things should be doable in a day

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
    You're right, those two things should be doable in a day
    Just airbrush the 300 style abs on and be sure too use your spray tan!

Action shot tomorrow.
    Until then here's a pic of the holster showing the lower profile Fricke belt loops.

You can see that the P30 grip is going to be a problem no matter what holster I use, I just don't have much "real estate" to work with.
    Same thing with crowding my belt loops and belt buckle, being skinny does have its AIWB downsides.
    99% of the time I conceal under just a T-shirt and the Pardus/P30 combination is right on the verge of being too big.
    I'm still carrying the P30 because I know the vast majority of people are oblivious, but when I really need to be 100% I switch to a different gun and holster.
    Example: We went to a "family fun center" yesterday for my boys birthday. Bowling, laser tag, etc. I was going to be doing a lot of activities around a lot of kids who would be at waist height and wanted absolute concealment. Especially since this place was also prepping for their big New Years bash and a "man with a gun" scare would be a bad thing. I went with my P2000Sk in a low ride leather AIWB.

Looks to me like the second loop being on a wing closer to your centerline, "above" the slide if you will, creates a moment that wants to rotate the butt of the gun away from the body instead of tucking it in closer. Especially on a smaller-diameter dude.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Top down.
    The butt tucks fine, the P30 just has too much junk in the trunk for my waist diameter (32").
    Luckily I have wide shoulders so my T-shirts drape well.

User Tag List