Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infiltrator on Amazon - Blues was there IRL...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I was disappointed with the film only in that it embellished some things and left out others but in two hours you'll never get a book's worth of info squeezed in. Overall I think it told the tale pretty well if a bit disjointedly.
    Gonna have to at least watch the movie again, will check to see if the book is on audio (lots of driving).

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Gonna have to at least watch the movie again, will check to see if the book is on audio (lots of driving).
    I've never listened to an audiobook but on amazon I see that you can get it for free with a free trial of audible.

If you can cancel without payment as most amazon programs allow during the trial, it seems like a win-win if you like that format.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    blues, I always knew you were cool, but I didn't know you were THIS cool. Thanks for sharing!

I've never listened to an audiobook.
    I think audiobooks, and streamed content in general, are awesome because you can multitask (even right now I am watching The Five Seven on the second monitor while I do this). Plus you have not totally invested in the book if it turns out to not be all that. For example, I think American Sniper was a great story about a great American, but as a book might have been a little monotonous to read (We set up, the enemy came out, we killed them. Later I called home. The next day, we set up, we...) and I am glad I listened while I was doing other things like driving.

I see that you can get it for free with a free trial of audible. If you can cancel without payment as most amazon programs allow during the trial, it seems like a win-win if you like that format.
    In a few weeks I will be settling into a new job that will involve a LOT of driving for a while (and some air travel) and I will just sign back up with Audible. So I will probably have more questions on this topic, probably about early July...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 05-29-2017 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    blues, I always knew you were cool, but I didn't know you were THIS cool. Thanks for sharing!
    Sarcasm duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    In a few weeks I will be settling into a new job that will involve a LOT of driving for a while (and some air travel) and I will just sign back up with Audible. So I will probably have more questions on this topic, probably about early July...
    If I can help fill in any gaps I'm only too happy to try.

GREAT story, Blues. Needs more Gal Gadot. 9.5/10...

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    GREAT story, Blues. Needs more Gal Gadot. 9.5/10...
    I wholeheartedly agree. (And thank you, kindly. )

It was also funny that I have stayed at the hotel where he meets with Aunt Vicky by the pool. It is in the St Pete area.
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  49.7 KB

Added to my watch list but I don't see Gal Gadot listed in the credits.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

User Tag List