Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Climbing chainsaw advice

i used to wannabe

Is Smoker + Gutter + Saw + personal risk more or less expensive than a tree guy?
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Is Smoker + Gutter + Saw + personal risk more or less expensive than a tree guy?
    It's a ton cheaper.
    i used to wannabe

My Younger Days

Heading up a 120ft. Norway Spruce Husky 335XP climbing saw
    Name:  IMG_0371.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  67.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    So today I went to lowes. I looked at the chainsaws and then thought about the advice given here. I left with this:

I started with the tree closest to my neighbors future nice wooden fence, limbing as I went up. When I made it to the fork I couldn't decide what I wanted to do. The way I wanted it to fall I wasn't sure I could make happen. I climbed down and decided to tackle that with my buddy when he gets a chance.

Said tree :

I then tackled another tree that I thought would be very simple. My plan was to climb half way up and then cut it in half, then cut it from the bottom and have two big pieces. I climbed up and selected my spot, the tree was leaning very bad and I decided I couldn't safely stay on the high side and cut from where I wanted too, so I climbed down a few feet and found a better spot. When it broke it was a wild ride, I anticipated it and was braced and ready but still a weird feeling riding a tree!
    Wife filmed from the safety of the porch with the back door open at her back.
    The smoker will survive, but it will never be the same haha.

I then climbed down and decided to cut the bottom half. Again under estimating the size of the tree, I bent my gutters
    Nothing bad, but I'm sure it will never be right without replacing the gutter.

Thanks for the advice @LittleLebowski and @Mr. Goodtimes
    You know, Roosevelt had a saying about those that never have a mistake, good job on those trees! Do you like the saw?
    #RESIST

User Tag List