Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiple stabbing on Portland MAX train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Kill 2 people while committing a hate crime?

Seriously I think a hate crime in the known liberal region may finally do the job and get him more time than the previous crimes since those may have been just "the system failing him" as the quoted post hinted to.
    Just to be clear, I don't think the system failed him . I think the system failed us, and particularly, the people he killed. Not trying to be argumentative, but I wanted to make sure there was no confusion at what I was hinting at.
    Last edited by idahojess; 05-29-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't think the system failed him . I think the system failed us, and particularly, the people he killed. Not trying to be argumentative, but I wanted to make sure there was no confusion at what I was hinting at.
    I put it in quotes so that anyone reading it would realize it was not MY words but the words of those that believe "the system failed him"

Site Supporter
    To everyone who believes in our Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and the American way of life, please find and read a book I just finished reading (would you believe at one sitting?): "Defeating Jihad," by Dr. Sebastian Gorka. The copy I read was in my local public library, was 154 pages without the appendices, so it'll be easy to find and read. To say this book is timely would be a gross understatement as it came out last year! Dr. Gorka had me before I finished the prologue, which, in this case, is required reading, along with the introduction. You must read both. He also provides several tremendous websites and books to further your education in what HAS to be (at least it SHOULD BE) the most critical, vital area of interest for any patriot, any freedom loving American. Even if you're not a big reader, or, you read one book a year, make THIS book - THAT book for the year, for you. It's THAT important.
    Last edited by 11B10; 05-29-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    To everyone who believes in our Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and the American way of life, please find and read a book I just finished reading (would you believe at one sitting?): "Defeating Jihad," by Dr. Sebastian Gorka. The copy I read was in my local public library, so it'll be easy to find. To say this book is timely would be a gross understatement as it came out last year! Dr. Gorka had me before I finished the prologue, which, in this case, is required reading, along with the introduction. Please take the time to read both.
    Dr. Gorka does not appear to be free of controversy.

I don't have any facts to offer pro or con what is reported and folks can make up their own minds. I will say that I used to enjoy some of his contributions when he'd be a guest on Fox News shows. That said, if the information reported is true, I'd have a less sanguine view of his politics.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Believe it or not you are legally allowed to be an asshole, even to minorities*. "Hate Speech" is just speech, not a crime. Speculation alert: If the three solid citizens threatened or went hands on first to get this particular asshole to STFU I suspect said asshole will claim self defense.

(*Please don't construe this statement of fact as an endorsement to be an asshole to anybody).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Dr. Gorka does not appear to be free of controversy.

I don't have any facts to offer pro or con what is reported and folks can make up their own minds. I will say that I used to enjoy some of his contributions when he'd be a guest on Fox News shows. That said, if the information reported is true, I'd have a less sanguine view of his politics.
    I'm not sure how you read my post while I was still editing it (not real pc savvy). Whatever else you uncover, you should still read it. I-M-HO.

I'm leaning classic MSM/progressive smear job: https://pjmedia.com/spengler/2017/04...ewish-forward/

Having said that, I'm pretty sure there were no islamic terrorists in that rail car, so not entirely sure of the relevance of Dr. Gorka, even if islamic terrorism is significant issue in its own right.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I wonder where the stabber got radicalized?
    It's genuinely sad this is as funny as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    To everyone who believes in our Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, and the American way of life, please find and read a book I just finished reading (would you believe at one sitting?): "Defeating Jihad," by Dr. Sebastian Gorka.
    Not familiar with that gentleman. When it comes to radical Islam, the book I point people to is Enhanced Interrogation, written by one of the guys that ran the EI program before it was shut down. Only pieces of the book discuss the ideology of extremism, but a lot of things fell into place when it did.

Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Just to be clear, I don't think the system failed him . I think the system failed us, and particularly, the people he killed.
    "The System," as it were, failed everyone. "The System" is filled with noble, yet error-prone people, and it can't save everyone. My step-sister's ex-husband killed himself this week. Dude was seeing a counselor, a psychiatrist, and attending AA meetings.

"The System" failed the guy, even after he had given it an opportunity to work at every level. Some people can't be, or won't allow themselves to be, helped. I don't​ consider that an indictment of "The System," it's just a fact of life.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Soggy View Post
    Believe it or not you are legally allowed to be an asshole, even to minorities*. "Hate Speech" is just speech, not a crime. Speculation alert: If the three solid citizens threatened or went hands on first to get this particular asshole to STFU I suspect said asshole will claim self defense.

(*Please don't construe this statement of fact as an endorsement to be an asshole to anybody).

It's legal to be an asshole. It's not legal to be disorderly (which at least in my state would include making unreasonable noise after being asked to stop, fighting, or tumultuous behavior. It's also not legal to intimidate someone, in my state a threat for a prior lawful act or a threat intended to force someone to do something against their will is Intimidation.

Additionally, "any person" may make an arrest for any felony, or a misdemeanor that involves an ongoing breach of the peace and the arrest is necessary to stop the continuation of the breach of the peace, and deliver that person to a sworn law enforcement officer.

So "Hate speech" could very well be a crime, content and context dependent, and one that your fellow citizen can arrest you for.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's legal to be an asshole. It's not legal to be disorderly (which at least in my state would include making unreasonable noise after being asked to stop, fighting, or tumultuous behavior. It's also not legal to intimidate someone, in my state a threat for a prior lawful act or a threat intended to force someone to do something against their will is Intimidation.

Additionally, "any person" may make an arrest for any felony, or a misdemeanor that involves an ongoing breach of the peace and the arrest is necessary to stop the continuation of the breach of the peace, and deliver that person to a sworn law enforcement officer.

So "Hate speech" could very well be a crime, content and context dependent, and one that your fellow citizen can arrest you for.
    You with your actual law and logic and stuff!
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List