Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Best" Glock Holsters & Pouches? Opinions welcome!

Paddle holsters are a no go in my book, due to dodgy retention. Case in point:

Handgun class at Quantico, 2005:

Student Bonehead proceeds to draw his Glock 17 from an Uncle Mike's OWB paddle holster, and much to his chagrin, the holster is still on the Glock. Admonitions and snickers are heard in the background.

Student Bonehead locks and clears handgun, walks over to trash bin, throws said Uncle Mike's holster in the garbage on the spot.

Student Bonehead employed a BT OWB belt holster for the remainder of the class.

Student Bonehead was yours truly.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 03-13-2011 at 01:53 PM.

All the above listed reasons and just horrible concealment.

Re: Serpas

I've modified mine when I got it, knowing well of the issues associated with them. I have removed the nub on the lock and glued the lever in place since it no longer serves a purpose.

I've also removed the plastic tension spring part. My serpa functions just like my comp-tac now. There is no lock or any moving part to malfunction now and only a retention screw, This takes all of 5 minutes do do.

David--Congratulations on appropriately killing your Serpa and rendering it safe for humanity. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Paddle holsters are a no go in my book, due to dodgy retention.
    The only paddle holster I trust is a Safariland.
    I often use a Safariland ALS retention paddle holster when I'm off-road motorcycle riding in remote areas and open carry isn't an issue (it's actually commonplace in the areas I ride in).
    The Safariland has taken a lot of abuse and hasn't failed me.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    David--Congratulations on appropriately killing your Serpa and rendering it safe for humanity. Thank you.
    It's the least I could do, it actually works rather nicely now with all the interference(s) and worthless "safety" features gone.

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    DocGKR coined a great phrase during class this weekend when a student was struggling to free his pistol from a SERPA under some time stress:

"serpadeath"

Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    DocGKR coined a great phrase during class this weekend when a student was struggling to free his pistol from a SERPA under some time stress:

"serpadeath"

Excellent.
    Do they sound anything like Megadeth?

I use the Safariland 5187 for my 19 (mostly for winter when I have on a coat etc). I also use a Comp-Tac Minitor MTAC for summer time (when I only wear a t-shirt).

Both are really good holsters and both have been used in IDPA competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Re: Serpas

I've modified mine when I got it, knowing well of the issues associated with them. I have removed the nub on the lock and glued the lever in place since it no longer serves a purpose.

I've also removed the plastic tension spring part. My serpa functions just like my comp-tac now. There is no lock or any moving part to malfunction now and only a retention screw, This takes all of 5 minutes do do.
    Can you take a few pictures of the end result? I'm curious to see what it looks like now on the inside and outside.

User Tag List