Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "Best" Glock Holsters & Pouches? Opinions welcome!

Over the years, I've been quite pleased with the following for my Glock G17:

-Blade-Tech IWB

-Safariland 5181 paddle

-Glock Sport/Combat beltslide

-Glock Sport/Duty

-For situations where absolute minimal profile is requisite, at the cost of ease in reholstering, Bianchi Professional 100 IWB

-For situations where the most complete protection to the pistol is ideal, a Bianchi UM84/M12 flap holster or Wilderness Safepacker

The two Glock polymer holsters, especially the Sport/Combat are surprisingly effective, and quite inexpensive. If you're looking for an acceptable and effective "starter" holster while you're refining your holster tastes and requirements, I'd suggest going with the Glock Sport/Combat. I stil find mine to be a quite good OWB holster.

For magazine pouches, I prefer The Wilderness' Double Ugly for IDPA, and one of their single magazine pouches otherwise.

Best, Jon

A new promising holster company is Ludus Magnus Holsters.

Brand new, and veteran=owned. I don't think they have their web site running, but do have a FB page.

I have seen some of their gear, and it looks great. About to order some for myself.

I'll tell you what one is the worst for me personally...

Part of the belt attachments broke in two (I thought it was fixed after the first time) Aim Fast Hit Fast classes

Bladetech's WRS 'DUTY' HOLSTER
    http://www.blade-tech.com/RH-WRS-DUT...P-pr-1054.html

This piece would pop off and disappear forever
    http://www.blade-tech.com/Holster-Ad...m-pr-1157.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Can you take a few pictures of the end result? I'm curious to see what it looks like now on the inside and outside.
    It looks exactly the same, you can't see any visible difference unless you look inside the holster. If you look inside you won't see the "nub" on the locking latch since I removed that and you won't see the black plastic retaining spring.

The retaining spring is easy to remove since you only need to remove the retention screw and it will fall out. The latch is a bit trickier since it is removed with a pin which runs underneath it. I super-glued the latch down since it serves no purpose now other than cosmetics and a finger rest I suppose.

Last edited by David; 03-14-2011 at 02:40 PM. Reason: To add an image.

Oh okay! I see the little blob of super glue there. Does it make for good retention? If you flipped it upside down would the pistol be on the deck?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropkick View Post
    Oh okay! I see the little blob of super glue there. Does it make for good retention? If you flipped it upside down would the pistol be on the deck?
    No it holds the pistol as tightly as the comp-tac, you can adjust the screw tight enough to completely lock the pistol in there just like the comp-tac so there is plenty of adjustment room, I use it for a 21sf.

And the winner is,...

I ordered the Safariland 6377.
    I got it from Midway USA but THEN found a better price:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safarila...77-83-411.html
    A good example has twice the value of good advice,...

I think that will do you just fine. But you'll still wind up with a drawer full of holsters...

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I think that will do you just fine. But you'll still wind up with a drawer full of holsters...

Are we NOT supposed to end up with a drawer full of holsters?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mnealtx View Post
    Are we NOT supposed to end up with a drawer full of holsters?
    It can be significantly worse...

User Tag List