Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aimpoint photos leaked

New Aimpoint photos leaked

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Correct.
    Mr. Dobbs since the cats out of the bag and the optics are showing up in the wild now can you give a rough time frime when the masses might be able to start purchasing them? If not are there any details you'd be able to share? Thank you.
    Last edited by Mike C; 05-29-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Mr. Dobbs since the cats out of the bag and the optics are showing up in the wild now can you give a rough time frime when the masses might be able to start purchasing them? If not are there any details you'd be able to share? Thank you.

No solid timeline. They have to fill the original Fed agency order first. I'd make a guess that there will be a formal introduction at SHOT 2018. It's all a guess though...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Thank you Sir. I am really excited about the optics and can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Some more info from TFB (take it for what it's worth): http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...t-aaa-comp-m5/
    I can do a year standing on my head if this thing is as durable as it's larger brethren. I've been waiting for something this size without a weird battery for ever it seems, man I am stoked. Thanks for the link Default.mp3.

Is it accurate to say that the overall size of this (sans battery hump) is a bit larger than a T2?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Is it accurate to say that the overall size of this (sans battery hump) is a bit larger than a T2?
    No, I don't think that's a fair assessment.

Regarding comments on the durability of this sight compared to others, it's not accurate to say that the others are less durable than the CompM5. They're ALL durable beyond belief and have sustained blast damage, projectile damage, fire damage, etc. and have continued to work. Included in that are all the Comp 2 and Comp 3 (and therefore the PRO, too) and Micro series. The CompM4 takes durability to another level, but they're all tougher than anything that a typical LE use will bring to them.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 06-02-2017 at 02:38 PM.

New Aimpoint photos leaked

Regarding comments on the durability of this sight compared to others, it's not accurate to say that the others are less durable than the CompM5. They're ALL durable beyond belief and have sustained blast damage, projectile damage, fire damage, etc. and have continued to work. Included in that are all the Comp 2 and Comp 3 (and therefore the PRO, too) and Micro series. The CompM4 takes durability to another level, but they're all tougher than anything that a typical LE use will bring to them.
    My comment wasn't a hit on durability. I wasn't saying the durability was less. I've personally had a CompM4 and a PRO model that have been beaten to shit on deployments and still worked like a champ. I was just saying I hope the CompM5 is as durable as previous generations. If so, I wouldn't care about waiting and would wait even longer for a good product.
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-02-2017 at 03:31 PM.

What arguments besides possibly cost do you think there will be for going with a T2 over a CompM5?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    What arguments besides possibly cost do you think there will be for going with a T2 over a CompM5?
    Slightly more compact since there's not a protuberant battery compartment?? The T-2 in my opinion is the best sight Aimpoint makes right now. New optics package, new emitter and an even stronger housing (not really needed, but so what?) plus its light weight and small footprint make it a hard sight to beat. Plus, it uses a battery (CR2032) you can buy in a drugstore, Lowe's, grocery store, etc.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 06-02-2017 at 05:12 PM.

User Tag List