Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New Aimpoint photos leaked

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    I saw on MrGunsandGear’s Facebook page where he received a new Comp M5 from Brownells and it wouldn't work out of the box. Of course Aimpoint is going to fix it but its an issue.
    I had a Micro T2 that was DOA from a vendor, so it's not a new issue for Aimpoint.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I had a Micro T2 that was DOA from a vendor, so it's not a new issue for Aimpoint.
    As Jody related it can/does happen to all manufacturers. In AP’s case their having John Enloe to square you away is a HUGE plus IMO.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 12-17-2017 at 09:25 AM.

About 10 years ago, I had an Aimpoint Comp M2 die at its first range session. IIRC, there are some small allen head screws in the battery compartment that weren't tight and allowed the unit to short out. Aimpoint promptly replaced it with a new unit. Stuff slips through some times, even with the best....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    With my Astigmatism, the Comp M5 is even less distorted than the T-2 which is less distorted than the older models for me... When I buy another Aimpoint it will be the M5 as of right now, though I'll probably forego it for this http://bit.ly/2B1wQIa
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    With my Astigmatism, the Comp M5 is even less distorted than the T-2 which is less distorted than the older models for me... When I buy another Aimpoint it will be the M5 as of right now, though I'll probably forego it for this http://bit.ly/2B1wQIa
    I have a hard time with Aimpoints outside of the Pro any more. The M5/T2 are starting to creep into low power variable scope price range. I really want to like them but I just can’t make myself see them as almost twice as good as a pro.

I’m going to give an EOTech EXPS I got this fall (from @CS Tactical [emoji41]) a fair shake, but if it doesn’t work out for me I think it’ll be a pro or a PST 1-6 that replaces it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    I have a hard time with Aimpoints outside of the Pro any more. The M5/T2 are starting to creep into low power variable scope price range. I really want to like them but I just can’t make myself see them as almost twice as good as a pro.

I’m going to give an EOTech EXPS I got this fall (from @CS Tactical [emoji41]) a fair shake, but if it doesn’t work out for me I think it’ll be a pro or a PST 1-6 that replaces it.

"I" have no distortion with the EoTech's though some people have more messed up eyes than me that have come in the shop. The PST Gen II 1-6 is the best LPV under $700 that I've personally tested IMO, I call it the 3/4 Razor Gen II for half the price.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    "I" have no distortion with the EoTech's though some people have more messed up eyes than me that have come in the shop. The PST Gen II 1-6 is the best LPV under $700 that I've personally tested IMO, I call it the 3/4 Razor Gen II for half the price.
    So, I’m sorry for the thread drift, but can I ask you to expand on that a little? What does the PST give up to the razor outside of the 30mm vs 34mm tube? I’m sure there’s something just with the price difference because there’s no free lunch, but after a little research I’ve come up empty.

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    So, I’m sorry for the thread drift, but can I ask you to expand on that a little? What does the PST give up to the razor outside of the 30mm vs 34mm tube? I’m sure there’s something just with the price difference because there’s no free lunch, but after a little research I’ve come up empty.

There are different tiers of Vortex scopes which the cheapest come from China (Strike Eagle for example), Philippines (PST 1-6), Japan or America (Razor or AMG). In this case the Razor Gen II made in Japan is a super reliable, durable and apparently duty/mil grade optic with Premium HD glass and coatings while the PST Gen II provides close enough optical quality and potentially less durable materials made in the Philippines. Does this make the PST a bad optic? No, but for a duty/mil/defensive rifle I'd choose the Razor Gen II.
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 12-20-2017 at 12:30 PM.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

I have an astigmatism. No matter the dot it’s distorted.

My Comp M5 is still going strong. Its been as low as 8 degrees here this week with the highs in the low to mid 30’s and the Dot is still going strong. I plan on some range time at the end of next week and the weather is supposed to be in the 50’s. I anticipate no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Finally got around to zeroing the Comp M5 today with Grizzly21. Griz and I have zeroed everyones rifles at our agency at 50 yards so we continued that pattern today. Took four 3 shots groups and it was GTG. Since I bought it I let it ride around in the trunk wih temps here fluctuating between low 40’s and mid 80’s and it survived...not that its an extreme test but the MRO Griz had last year didn't make it that far. I’m also leaving the dot on enough for me to see the dot good enough in daylight.

So far so good...
    Update!

I’ve been running this optic for about 1 year and 9ish months. It’s ridden in my trunk for all that time; been through two Patrol Rifle Instructor classes (NRA & FBI); a Firearms Instructor Development course with Esoteric; and qualified with it all along the way.

I had to move the dot once due to me not securing the Larue Mount well enough. Otherwise I moved the dot a couple clicks down one day while confirming zero. I did change the alkaline battery out for a lithium one but that was just precautionary...I didn’t want to need the dot and it not be there due to lack of changing the battery. I have kept it on the 6 or 7 position...never turned completely off. I check it daily as part of getting ready for duty.

This optic and the Larue Mount combo are GTG.

User Tag List