Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Aimpoint photos leaked

#RESIST

I was hoping it would use 1 D-cell battery.........
    "A man with an experience is not a slave to a man with an opinion."

Interesting new product. I wonder if this means the end of the Comp M4 or whether it will continue as the M68 CCO and still be available for commercial sales. I assume the latter. I really like the Comp M4 and find it to be a great value.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    Interesting new product. I wonder if this means the end of the Comp M4 or whether it will continue as the M68 CCO and still be available for commercial sales. I assume the latter. I really like the Comp M4 and find it to be a great value.
    I doubt it. This was created for a specific group (DOS) who can have issues sourcing or shipping lithium batteries like CR2032's in certain parts of the world.

The Comp M4 is designed to be as cop/ soldier proof as possible. Plus there are still those (like me) who prefer 30mm tubes.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I doubt it. This was created for a specific group (DOS) who can have issues sourcing or shipping lithium batteries like CR2032's in certain parts of the world.

The Comp M4 is designed to be as cop/ soldier proof as possible. Plus there are still those (like me) who prefer 30mm tubes.
    I really hope you are correct. I am neither LE nor DoD, but I find the Comp M4 to be more than sturdy enough for anything I might use it while being extremely easy to use, partially due to the large diameter tube. One is the primary sight system on my HD AR.

I like the looks of this, but I hope for more "budget" models like my PRO.
    #RESIST

Recently, we have noticed problems even with Duracell and Energizer AA and AAA batteries corroding, sometimes even in their original packing. Think they are marked, "made in China."

Should we be concerned about medium to longer term storage of the Aimpoint M4 and this new model, with the battery installed?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Recently, we have noticed problems even with Duracell and Energizer AA and AAA batteries corroding, sometimes even in their original packing. Think they are marked, "made in China."

Should we be concerned about medium to longer term storage of the Aimpoint M4 and this new model, with the battery installed?
    I do not use alkaleaks for anything that will accept Eneloop NiMH cells, which is almost anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I do not use alkaleaks for anything that will accept Eneloop NiMH cells, which is almost anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope these new Aimpoints will run on Eneloops. I love those batterys they are amazing. These new Aimpoints look perfect for my 300 BLK carbines. 2017 is shaping up after all.

If lithium batteries are the problem I wonder if there is any leak protection in this optic for the alkalines?

I've had alkalines kill everything I put 'em in.

User Tag List