Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Memorial Day remembrance/drinking thread

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Weston Lee, KIA 29APR17 MOSUL
    Attachment 16948Attachment 16949
    Weston from all accounts I heard was a man I would of loved to serve with. I never knew him and teared up when hearing his friend discussing his character and leadership. Rest easy sir, drinks are on me when I get to the hall.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 05-27-2017 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Weston from all accounts I heard was a man I would of loved to serve with. I never knew him and geared up when hearing his friend discussing his character and leadership. Rest easy sir, drinks are on me when I get to the hall.
    At just 25 he was one of the best human beings I've known. Here was his non-stop attitude.Attachment 16962
    Last edited by JHC; 05-27-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    At just 25 he was one of the best human beings I've known. Here was his non-stop attitude.Attachment 16962
    I will raise a glass to him tonight, we are diminished.

Site Supporter
    Vernon McAllister, USN. My grandfather and a veteran of the South Pacific, who passed earlier this year surrounded by those he loved.

Rest in peace grandpa Mac.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

USAF Staff Sgt. Ira Kaur.

Vaya con Dios brother. You'll be missed.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

My Uncle Harry who served in WWII in Europe and died in 1987. He was a second father to me and raised me for many years:

I have a photo album of him in WWII put together by a friend from his unit. In it came this letter:

A few years ago I decided to look \ the person who sent this letter and photo album to my late Uncle Harry. I'd been putting it off for years. As I'd suspected, he is no longer with us. It turns out that he died a few months after my uncle in Oct 1987, 18 years after he wrote the letter and sent him the album: Here is what I found:
    https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...&GRid=14186767

Site Supporter
    SGT Mila Maravillosa

And many others.

Sgt. James C. Brown, waist gunner in B17s flying from England when it wasn’t statistically impossible to survive. Father-In-Law and good friend.

The only member of his crew to survive the war. He was pulled off a mission to work in the armory and help with a bunch of new 50s. A new replacement gunner flew that mission, and the pane was shot down without survivors. He continued to fly, made his missions, and extended for more. Never got a scratch. Passed away in 1999.

LSP792 - Steve Campbell
    Last edited by LSP552; 05-28-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Memorial Day remembrance/drinking thread

RIP to my grandfathers. Army, artillary scout in the ETO in WWII; Navy, Pacific Theater, USS Columbia.

RIP as well to my Great-grandfather and namesake, IS Army, WWI. Gassed in the trenches and never fully recovered.

All of them lived to see their families grow and prosper. In remembrance of them and their brethren who were not as fortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TR675; 05-28-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Let us honor all, regardless of service branch, who gifted this country with their sacrifice.

User Tag List