Thread: WY-SHOT....What is it?

WY-SHOT....What is it?

WY-SHOT is a shoot that is designed for folks of all ages.
    There is a two-part component that makes this shoot unique.
    It is a prairie dog shoot and a steel field shoot.
    One can do both parts or just one-You get to decide.
    The prairie dog part of the shoot is for any type of handgun (semi-auto, revolver, single-shot) from any type of rest you want to use.
    It doesn’t matter if it is short range, medium range or long-range…You get decide.

The steel match is on two different days (Monday & Tuesday, unless we have a weather problems, then we will shoot steel on Wednesday), that takes about 5 hours each day, if you decide to shoot steel.
    There are a number of purposes of the steel shoot: Having fun, competing, developing your hunting skill set, since we shoot from a variety of field shooting positions or field rests under time and keep score.
    We cannot give one the complete adrenaline rush of hunting, but by shooting at multiple targets under time, some of which will be farther than what you would shoot at big game, each shooter can learn their limitations from a variety of field shooting positions (Prone, sitting, kneeling), and shooting off a variety of field rests (Bog-Gear, bi-pods, back packs, tree trunks, and the like). Sometimes your shooting position may be awkward, like facing downhill when prone, but being required to shoot uphill.
    But when you think about it, if you hunt, you do not always have the perfect field rest set-up, and at times you have to make a shot in specific time frame or lose that opportunity.
    We hope to hone those field shooting skills, so you can be better equipped when head out to hunt.

You get to choose what type of handgun (rear or center grip, single-shot or repeater, length or weight) you want to shoot steel and prairie dogs with.
    You do not have to build or buy a certain handgun with certain weight or barrel limits to come out and play on steel-Bring what you have and hunt with.
    Maximum caliber for the steel shoot is 30 caliber and the maximum velocity is 3,100 fps.

We are not a benchrest match.
    We do not have benches to shoot from and there are no sighter shots or sighter periods.
    We are not a tactical match or PRS (Precision Rifle Series) match.
    There is no running or jogging between stages.
    Our goal is to have fun and to help make those who attend better field shooters, whether it be for playing on steel, varmint hunting, or big game hunting.
    If you have other questions you can PM or email me:
    Ernie Bishop
    ernieemily@yahoo.com
    Ernie
    "Helping Others Accomplish What Many Consider Impossible With Handguns"

Moved to Regional Training forum.

Could you please post a date and a place.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Gillette, WY
    June 12-14

Let me amend what I posted. First of all, I meant to list 3200 fps as the max velocity, and it is for the larger calibers 7mm and 30 caliber.
    Ernie

This is velocity max is for 7mm and 30 caliber as fast and heavy bullets will tear stuff. My target holders are portable and lightweight compared to others, and I don't want to have down time fixing or replacing target frames.
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by xphunter View Post
    Gillette, WY
    June 12-14

Let me amend what I posted. First of all, I meant to list 3200 fps as the max velocity, and it is for the larger calibers 7mm and 30 caliber.
    Dang, that's smack dab in the middle of branding season
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Dang, that's smack dab in the middle of branding season
    It is during this time of the month in June every year.
    Sorry to hear you have a conflict
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by xphunter View Post
    It is during this time of the month in June every year.
    Sorry to hear you have a conflict
    Not me, my brother on the ranch near Douglas, it is a late branding this year.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Not me, my brother on the ranch near Douglas, it is a late branding this year.
    Roger that.
    Ernie

User Tag List