Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: IWI X95 Review and Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    There is a growing consensus that the X95/Tavor family doesn’t play well in the sandbox with suppressors. Its operating system is waaay over-gassed and adding a suppressor dramatically shortens the lifespan to 5000 rounds or so. Garand Thumb discusses this in his review of the X95. I have no idea if this is true and only put about 100 rounds thru mine with the suppressor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Very interesting. I've sealed the left ejection port on my Tavor SAR, so I don't have gas in the face. But, from that review it seems like we don't want to run a high round count suppressed through these guns--at least until someone comes out with an adjustable or limited gas system.
    Very interesting. Thanks for bringing this to attention.

I looked at the video and he says he talked to the engineers that didn’t design it for suppression.

I might have to think about putting my 300 blk barrel back on it.

That one at least has a gas adjustment.

Recoil spring

@Sensei
    @Clusterfrack

Wonder if something like this would reduce the damage. Obviously less gas would be ideal, but this could help.

https://shootingsight.com/?product=hers

Might be interesting to see if a gunsmith could weld the gas port smaller....

Also will point out that the RDB has an adjustable block.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Also will point out that the RDB has an adjustable block.
    And none of my ARs needs one...

Tavor will get shelved while I wait for a decent aftermarket solution. Will I have any OEM parts left in that gun? Honestly, I'm tempted to sell it.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Tavor will get shelved while I wait for a decent aftermarket solution. Will I have any OEM parts left in that gun? Honestly, I'm tempted to sell it.
    I like adjustable blocks!

I dunno if it’s a big deal.

Maybe increased springs and a 7.62 baffles can would work. I don’t put a lot of suppressed rifle rounds downrange… stuff gets super hot.

Wonder if the aug needs one? I shelved the idea for now as I am focusing on relearning pistols since my finger surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Wonder if the aug needs one? I shelved the idea for now as I am focusing on relearning pistols since my finger surgery.
    The AUG has an adjustable gas plug. I think it only has two settings: normal or adverse. They also make one for suppressed use.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'm fat on 5.56s. Ima gonna put my 300blk barrel back in.

Very interesting. I've sealed the left ejection port on my Tavor SAR, so I don't have gas in the face. But, from that review it seems like we don't want to run a high round count suppressed through these guns--at least until someone comes out with an adjustable or limited gas system.
    So, one potential solution is to get the 300blk conversion kit. It has an adjustable gas system between low gas for supers and high gas for subs. The big question is will the low gas setting tamp down the gas enough to prevent damage to the gun when shooting supersonic ammo suppressed. I dunno.

I plan to reach out to IWI USA this week to get their take. Like you, I do at least 50% of my carbine shooting suppressed and this gun just ain’t going to cut it if it’s going to go tits-up after a few thousand rounds suppressed.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    So, one potential solution is to get the 300blk conversion kit. It has an adjustable gas system between low gas for supers and high gas for subs. The big question is will the low gas setting tamp down the gas enough to prevent damage to the gun when shooting supersonic ammo suppressed. I dunno.

I plan to reach out to IWI USA this week to get their take. Like you, I do at least 50% of my carbine shooting suppressed and this gun just ain’t going to cut it if it’s going to go tits-up after a few thousand rounds suppressed.
    300BLK in a heavy 16" Bullpup doesn't interest me. My only use for 300BLK is in pistol length ARs.

Hopefully Manticore or someone will figure out a mod for this problem. My Tavor doesn't have a huge round count. I've shot around 500 suppressed and didn't notice any issues. Possibly my SF Mini doesn't produce as high pressures as bigger cans?

I wonder what parts fail? Anyone know?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List