Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: IWI X95 Review and Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Where is the best place to buy the 16 inch or a 18.5?
    Proven Outfitters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DMCutter View Post
    I stand corrected. I forgot about the Hiperfire. I was comparing it to the Sig match triggers, an SDE in my 516, and the 2 stage LMT in my legacy AR, which is surprisingly light. I was taking issue with mush, but your tactile perception is probably more refined than mine because I'm old and have an f'ed up right hand due to ulnar nerve impingement.
    I think I notice the difference in reset most.

The Hiperfire and single stage AR triggers I can do 0.11-12 second splits all day long, the longer and vaguer reset of the X95 makes that difficult.

It’s a good trigger, don’t get me wrong. It’s like a Timney Glock trigger.

It’s just not a match 1911 trigger.

In a 9mm conversion, it’s perfectly game able.

One thing I am really leaning toward with the x95 is I have a box of AR mags, safety and mag release are almost identical to the ARs.

One hold up is I really like acogs. I have heard the height over bore really messes with the acogs bdc with thr x95

One thing I am really leaning toward with the x95 is I have a box of AR mags, safety and mag release are almost identical to the ARs.
    I actually prefer the original Tavor mag release. It's not quite as fast or ergonomic, but it is simple and very reliable.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

One hold up is I really like acogs. I have heard the height over bore really messes with the acogs bdc with thr x95
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I actually prefer the original Tavor mag release. It's not quite as fast or ergonomic, but it is simple and very reliable.
    We were talking about this technique a while back and it works with RDBs too.

I don't know how much height over bore vis a vis the X95 will effect the ACOG BDC. It would be good to mess with a ballistics calculator for various sight heights to see how it effects point of impact at distances.

https://bergerbullets.com/ballistics-calculator/

I will say the AUG is an optimal ACOG host (ACAUG) because it has the same height over bore as the AR15, and then the Corvus rail has an integral ACOG groove machined into the rail, allowing you to ditch the 4oz mount, and also slightly lower the ACOG height to make a more comfortable piggy back setup with the RMR:

IWI X95 Review and Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by spyderco monkey View Post
    I don't know how much height over bore vis a vis the X95 will effect the ACOG BDC. It would be good to mess with a ballistics calculator for various sight heights to see how it effects point of impact at distances.
    I get about -0.5 to -1moa difference out to 600yds for an extra inch of height over bore.

As with high optic mounts, the bigger issue is offset at close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I get about -0.5 to -1moa difference out to 600yds for an extra inch of height over bore.

As with high optic mounts, the bigger issue is offset at close range.

Interesting, so the BDC would get me in the ball park. Interesting. When I was only shooting my last x95, I got used to the holds and they became natural. I'm not niave to think, at this point, that I will be able to go back seamlessly between both platform. But man was shooting that bull pup fun

There is a growing consensus that the X95/Tavor family doesn’t play well in the sandbox with suppressors. Its operating system is waaay over-gassed and adding a suppressor dramatically shortens the lifespan to 5000 rounds or so. Garand Thumb discusses this in his review of the X95. I have no idea if this is true and only put about 100 rounds thru mine with the suppressor.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    There is a growing consensus that the X95/Tavor family doesn’t play well in the sandbox with suppressors. Its operating system is waaay over-gassed and adding a suppressor dramatically shortens the lifespan to 5000 rounds or so. Garand Thumb discusses this in his review of the X95. I have no idea if this is true and only put about 100 rounds thru mine with the suppressor.
    Very interesting. I've sealed the left ejection port on my Tavor SAR, so I don't have gas in the face. But, from that review it seems like we don't want to run a high round count suppressed through these guns--at least until someone comes out with an adjustable or limited gas system.

User Tag List