Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IWI X95 Review and Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Thanks, I'll look into the Manticore cover. Do you mind if I ask what suppressor you are running and the amount of POI shift?

I was getting a BIG (3-4" at 100 yards) downward shift with a SF SOCOM-2; much more than I've ever seen. I'm taking it out today with a SF Mini-2 and some other loads to see what shift I get.
    I don't know yet. I've been muddling over what optic to run and have been busy with other stuff that I haven't been able to really test it.

Suppressor is a Rugged Razor.
    Last edited by ldunnmobile; 05-29-2017 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks for the great review! I just got my X95 the other day and am looking forward to shaking it out at the range.

I travel a lot, most of it in open desert where I want a short rifle that can fit in a small bag. I originally thought an AR pistol but like the idea of a 16 inch barrel... think I need to try a tavor.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I travel a lot, most of it in open desert where I want a short rifle that can fit in a small bag. I originally thought an AR pistol but like the idea of a 16 inch barrel... think I need to try a tavor.
    Two words, Law Folder...

Hammertime
    Outstanding write up. Thanks for doing it.

As much as I love my FS2000 and bull pups in general I have slowly become assimilated to AR world. The IWI product is tempting.

The height over bore issue sounds super annoying. I don’t remember exactly, but 3.5” sounds about as high as the PS90.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Two words, Law Folder...
    Yea but I try not to add complications to a proven system if I can help it..

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Yea but I try not to add complications to a proven system if I can help it..
    The Gen III law folder is a proven option. The extra length added to the cycle of operation actually helps reliability similar to the Vltor A5 system.

As much as I irrationally love the AUG, there are some real down sides to bullpups and you are giving up a lot of training / time on the AR platform.

I owned an X95 for a few months. I initially bought it to be used as a travel/trunk gun after thinking I may have been stuck in SW Florida when Hurricane Mathew was inbound. At the time I was in Florida, the only weapon I had with me was a 12 shot M&P9c (1.0).

My X95 had a useable trigger. In theory, the concept made sense.

The issues I had ended up being deal breakers for me, such as:

The height over bore is much greater than an AR. Workable if it was the only gun you shot. But I’ve got too many years on the AR Platform and I had to give a lot of Conscious thought about the additional height overbore when I shot The X95.

Finding an effective way to mount a white light was more of a challenge than I thought it would be. You only have so much room on the handguard. And you needed room for your hand. Ended up with a MagPul VFG and an Inforce WMLx.

It was good in tight spaces, but when I stepped outside, it was harder for me to “work” the gun for lack of a better term.

Finding a position to effectively shoot the gun from a bench rest position was insanely harder than you’d expect.

Accuracy wasn’t impressive. At all... A stock Colt 6920 would outshoot my X95 from a bench at 100 yds.

What sealed it for me was when I took a Colt 6920 with MagPul furniture and an Aimpoint T-1 and my X95, also with a T-1. and did some shooting drills using both guns, side by side. Noticeable difference. I put the X96 up for sale that day.

I currently use a Daniel Defense V7P as my travel gun. If I wanted the advantage of a 16” barrel, I’d either get a Law folder or look hard at a Sig Virtus Patrol. Their LE version comes in black and has a shorter handguard.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 03-09-2020 at 10:27 AM.

I've owned a Tavor SAR version for several years and simply adore the carbine. It remains my travel gun and something short for storing in my Winnebago when out and about.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post

What sealed it for me was when I took a Colt 6920 with MagPul furniture and an Aimpoint T-1 and my X95, also with a T-1. and did some shooting drills using both guns, side by side. Noticeable difference. I put the X96 up for sale that day.
    if you get time can you be more specific about just what differences you noticed?

User Tag List