Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: IWI X95 Review and Range Report

Any particular reason y'all don't consider a flow through can as the solution? Few more options on the market now compared to a past years (HuxWrx, CGS, KAC, B&T, SIG). B&T even has options that work with SureFire muzzle devices coming at a fairly competitive price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Any particular reason y'all don't consider a flow through can as the solution? Few more options on the market now compared to a past years (HuxWrx, CGS, KAC, B&T, SIG). B&T even has options that work with SureFire muzzle devices coming at a fairly competitive price point.
    Good question. Those sound like a good option for someone wanting to solve the problem.

I'm not going to buy a new suppressor for my Tavor. I like it, but not that much.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I converted mine back to 300blk and took it to the range yesterday to zero the R4t. It ran fine on the low gas setting with Ammo Inc 110 grn Vmax and 150 grn FMJ, as well as Federal Fusion 150 soft point. I shot some Minuteman 200 subsonic with the Hybrid 46 and had no gas to the face even though I never got around to installing the Manticore gasket kit. I will probably add a Manticore top rail or cantilevered forend just to raise the optic but I could live with it as is.

My Tavor is now shelved. I'm keeping it in the hopes that someone markets an adjustable (or reduced) gas block for it. And because it's a cool gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My Tavor is now shelved. I'm keeping it in the hopes that someone markets an adjustable (or reduced) gas block for it. And because it's a cool gun.
    It is out of stock but…

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-gas-cylinder/

For $12 it seems reasonable to buy one and modify it.

A gunsmith should be able to weld and reduce the gas port, no?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    A gunsmith should be able to weld and reduce the gas port, no?
    Good point, and a cheap part.

Things that need a gunsmith just aren't my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Good point, and a cheap part.

Things that need a gunsmith just aren't my thing.
    Well, they don’t really need a gunsmith if you have a welding torch and a Dremel….

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Well, they don’t really need a gunsmith if you have a welding torch and a Dremel….
    and a 6-pack of PBR.

I used my X95 tonight to cap a beaver on the other side of my pond. I've been tolerant of them in the pond but last week they started taking down trees right next to the house to build a new lodge. I caught it coming out of the water onto the new lodge a little after dusk. I lit it up with my Olight Warrior M2R (which I guess has been recalled) and a 200 grn subsonic. My wife said she thought she heard something but didn't actually recognize it as a shot so the Hybrid 46 did what it's supposed to do. I guess I'll get the kayak out tomorrow and fish out the carcass unless the vultures get it first.

User Tag List