Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IWI X95 Review and Range Report

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    The only disadvantage to this is you don't have that front QD socket anymore. I know you can add one but it's like 2 steps foward 1 step back.
    For me personally, that’s not an issue since I run my front QD as far back on the HG as possible. But I see your point.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

It took only a few weeks for Sven to go from “maybe?” for OD and FDE versions to them being available - the new HG must be doing well. I just ordered my OD today, I’ll report back.

https://i0.wp.com/manticorearms.com/...00%2C800&ssl=1
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 06-14-2021 at 08:37 PM.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    It took only a few weeks for Sven to go from “maybe?” for OD and FDE versions to them being available - the new HG must be doing well. I just ordered my OD today, I’ll report back.

https://i0.wp.com/manticorearms.com/...00%2C800&ssl=1
    Well shit. I kind of want one now for my fde. Let us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Well shit. I kind of want one now for my fde. Let us know what you think.
    Will do! It should be here in the next few days.
    Ken

Have any of the other X95 owners played with replacement buttplates? I need to research, but I believe the Manticore can be used with the 16.5” barrel like I have to maintain 26” OAL, or I can pin my muzzle device and use the stock IWI thin buttplate. Somebody also created a rapid prototyping file for an intermediate hard buttplate that has an extension like the Manticore but is thinner like the low profile IWI.
    Ken

Have any of the other X95 owners played with replacement buttplates? I need to research, but I believe the Manticore can be used with the 16.5” barrel like I have to maintain 26” OAL, or I can pin my muzzle device and use the stock IWI thin buttplate. Somebody also created a rapid prototyping file for an intermediate hard buttplate that has an extension like the Manticore but is thinner like the low profile IWI.
    I have the Manticore buttplate on my Tavor SAR, and like it quite a bit. Combined with an extended handguard, it makes the gun balance and handle better for me (more AR-like).
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I have the Manticore buttplate on my Tavor SAR, and like it quite a bit. Combined with an extended handguard, it makes the gun balance and handle better for me (more AR-like).
    I may just go this way - if I don’t like it, it would be easy to resell. Thanks!
    Ken

I have the Manticore one and you are correct that it still meets OAL requirements. It's a definite improvement over the factory option as it just kind of rolls onto your shoulder now. Definitely recommend it.

That said the take down pin hole can be very tight, like use a rubber mallet tight so if you want to retain that ability to take down in the field with a cartridge might have to try some fitting first.

Thanks - I ordered a Manticore buttpad.

I also prepped the X95 for tomorrow’s arrival of the new handguard - I pulled the top rail, the pistol grip (I replaced the cutlass grip way back when) and the original handguard. I pulled the white Teflon blocks ages ago.

Since I’m gaining all that MLOK space I’d like to look at a different light - I’ve had a TLR-1 on there using a Magpul cantilever mount for the last several years. Suggestions gladly entertained.
    Ken

Decided to use the Tavor as my camp carbine this weekend.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List